Spoilt for choice but cant decide

Page  <123>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 3:12pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just seen there is a 1 year old FC430 for sale on the FC boats FB page, all the extras and 28 hours on the motor.  $15k in Cambridge.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Crochet Cast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 3:25pm
Crochet Cast View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi Humpy. I got it from The Boat Place in Tauranga.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 10:02am
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Catchelot Catchelot wrote:

If you want comfort and smooth ride then forget Stabicrafts unless you want a sore back and pounding knees...bloody awful ride.Thumbs Down

We're hooning around in a 1550 Fisher these days and it seems relatively good? Guess it depends how you drive it, we've been out in some silly conditions for a 4.7m boat and I haven't shrunk yet.

1550 Frontier would be a pocket battleship, and honestly I don't think you're going to be out when it's rough in any of the boats you've mentioned, it's just not their ballgame.

1550 Frontier is very, very expensive for a boat that size though.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 1:13pm
JustAnotherSpearo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Rozboon Rozboon wrote:

We're hooning around in a 1550 Fisher these days and it seems relatively good? Guess it depends how you drive it, we've been out in some silly conditions for a 4.7m boat and I haven't shrunk yet.

1550 Frontier would be a pocket battleship, and honestly I don't think you're going to be out when it's rough in any of the boats you've mentioned, it's just not their ballgame.

1550 Frontier is very, very expensive for a boat that size though.

At which point (wind in knots / chop size wise) does the 1550 frontier have to drop say below 25mph to be comfortable? Just out of curiosity
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 8:32pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

25 mph is quite fast , anything less than basically flat and under 10 knots of wind... most these boats in this size won't do 25 mph in any sort of comfort to not at all.
A stabi will do it cause they are built tough .. but people generally al built mostly the same, not so tough.
I'm off to the Mokes from Leigh this Saturday ... in my old decrepit 490 stabi... will be leisurely ride out and back as will have my 19 yr old daughter as crew.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 8:41pm
Platinum
Platinum

Crickey. So spine shattering for stabis in real world conditions???

And the only thing that usually stops me from doing the cruise speed of 27-30mph in the little lazercraft is when the prop exits the water too often still a soft ride though. Cant imagine going slower than 25mph unless its 20knots+
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:07pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Lazercrafts are something else in terms of a good ride!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:08pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great boat the laser. And fast.
If you you want race a stabi in a bigger following sea, the stabi will keep up but unlike you we will be mostly dry. Put your boat in a big chop and it won't do 20 knots without a similar bone shattering experience unless it 7 meters plus.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:14pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A laser ain't an amf, and recall saw one of those slow down a bit in big head sea with chop a few weeks ago .
All very well to say your boat goes good in the hauraki gulf on a nice day.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:38pm
Platinum
Platinum

Didnt mean to hit a nerve mate. The weakness of the lazer is crosswinds. Anything over 20knots starts pushing the nose around and in order to keep her straight you have to turn into it causing the chine to dig in. Only way to fix is is by countering the weight to lift the chine up or turn into it and go head on and give it the berries.

Following sea is basically the best possible wind direction just hammer down full steam ahead only restriction is the prop getting out of the water..

But I think this is getting side tracked from the original post. I shall wave to you as you go by to the mokes on Saturday have a awesome trip ill be somewhere by the chicks / mokes trying to chase marlin with a speargun.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:54pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

No raw nerve or offence caused. I actually like lasercrafts and have raced in against one from north reef after jigging session that went to just before dark. . They won but was a 6 meter boat with bigger horse power.

Good luck on spearing a marlin this weekend. I have friend called shane who also does this and got one last year. Not easy task so you have my respect. Should been at oceans last year, we had em schooling round boat ignoring our lures.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote harryh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 11:16am
harryh View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Have a look at these, heaps of room, 6mm bottom either 100 or 150 litre fuel tank and handle the rough awesome.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crochet Cast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 1:32pm
Silver
Silver

Nice boat Harry
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 9:36pm
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by harryh harryh wrote:

Have a look at these, heaps of room, 6mm bottom either 100 or 150 litre fuel tank and handle the rough awesome.

Good looking boats, but now we're into a 16ft boat, approx 1 ton on the trailer, probably suits a 90hp outboard.

Considering this thread started with OP asking about 14ft boats that cost maybe $30k tops and would probably all go pretty good with a 30hp motor it doesn't seem like a useful recommendation.

May as well say that Matt Watson's Stabicraft 2750 Centrecab seems to go pretty good, apples and pears.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote harryh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 8:40am
harryh View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey Rozboon

Are we talking about the same thread. This one was started mentioning no price and had the likes of F14 and F16 Frewzas and 15ft boats mentioned that can be launched in rough areas, 4 stroke, and no mention of price and was going to run a minn kota. I thought the boat seemed pretty relevant.

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 4:54pm
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I quite like the look of the Stabi 1550. Well thought out, practical design. Base boat starts at about 35k then with extras,seems to sky rocket from there unfortunatly. Can someone shed some light as to why a 65 liter underfloor fuel tank costs over $2000 to put in. Yet in oz they are now standard and the asking price still appears less than what we pay here, they are built down south and shipped right?. How does that work.
Its very easy to take that 35k boat to nearly 60k. 
Ladder, rocket launcher, biminy, paint, bait tank, underfloor tank. 70 hp donk will push price into 55k easily. havent added electronics or winch yet. Frightening.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 5:33pm
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Schampy Schampy wrote:

Its very easy to take that 35k boat to nearly 60k. 

Our family never considered a stabi due to weight / impractical for our purpose. however, logically speaking being pontoon and all that jazz, more material required and more welding and man hours required, would mean more cost id imagine?

Mum and Dad just went over 45k for their new setup, 4.5m walkaround / foldable hardtop centre cab thing with 100l underfloor tank, 100hp suzuki with 1 digital 4inch something suzuki guage thingy mcbob with NMEA stuff wired up to the garmin 95sv with 600w transducer + VHF + gas pedestals +  anchor winch and then the what seems to come standard nav lights bilge pump etc etc.
45k also includes the alloy trailer the boat will sit on.

60k seems extremely high! 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crochet Cast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 7:31pm
Silver
Silver

Humpy. How’s the search going?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Humpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 7:36am
Humpy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi Crochet Cast, I’m hanging out for the boat show In case there’s something new I haven’t considered. There are a couple of local options I’m exploring but I’m leaning towards the Quintrex Renegade 460 side console with a Yamaha F75 on the back. It’s the perfect length and has a 77L underfloor tank is standard which is a bonus as I don’t want to bugger about with portable tanks again. This boat just seems to tick all of my boxes and with the options I want including the Minn Kota comes in around the $45k mark (without sounder). I really want lots of casting & walking around space which this boat has and also has casting platforms front and rear as standard. Lots of storage too and carpeted which will reduce noise. Aluminium trailer with folding drawbar.
Appreciate all the comments, they’ve been very helpful, thank you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 9:24am
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Mate I’ve got a 3.9 mtr quintrex and it’s a great little boat for harbour fishing, I do get smashed around a bit when the wind comes up. I’ve also got a 6.0 mtr tinny with a checker plate floor, easy to clean just hose it out. My mate has a 5.0 mtr quintrex with the standard carpet over ply floor. Real pain gets bait scales and crap stuck to the carpet all the time. Have to be real careful with anything slipping down under the floor that can cause corrosion.

You also need to watch the resale value. I’d look at a FC plenty of room we’ll built and easy to use. I’m looking to sell both boats and buy a new FC520.
Page  <123>