Spoilt for choice but cant decide

Page  123>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Humpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spoilt for choice but cant decide
    Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 11:05pm
Humpy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I’m looking to buy a new smallish boat around 15 foot, centre console for salt & fresh water flyfishing and a bit of jigging/soft plastic fishing. Must be easily launched by 1 and capable of fishing 3 comfortably. I have read all the topics on this forum re the different choices and am finding it hard to come up with a winner. I am hoping viewing some at the boat show will help but not all boats (Frewza?) will be there to view and owners experience is more important to me than how they look at the show. I have looked at and researched FC430, Stabi 1410 Frontier (maybe 1550 but a bit big), Smartwave 420/480 (480 maybe too big),Quintrex Renegade 440/460 & Frewza F14/16. I want casting room, stability, safety and a dry, comfortable ride with seating for 3. Will definitely be a 4 stroke on the back (no preference) and Minn Kota on the front. Don’t want glass due to some rough launching spots. I know this topic has been covered extensively but any comments from owners or others who have researched and purchased would be appreciated in helping me decide. As this will be my last boat before retirement I need to get it right. Will be used in the inner Hauraki Gulf and Rotorua & Taupo lakes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 11:32pm
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

was going to suggest FiGlass Fireball but seeing you prefer ali alloy - perhaps Supreme 450?

i still like 'glass for comfort- very easy to get it refurbished to new every few years...
No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spin king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 8:40am
spin king View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

whatever you so don't buy a new smartwave
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 8:43am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I’ve been doing my internet reasearch too. I’ve yet to hear a bad thing about FC Boats.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Humpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 9:30am
Humpy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks but can I ask why not to go with the Smartwave? They seem good value for money.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote spin king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 9:49am
spin king View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

they have been sold to new company a little while ago and are not up to the standard of the old company,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Humpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 10:08am
Humpy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 10:21am
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Your comments "I want casting room, stability, safety and a dry, comfortable ride " suggest the FC430 would be the perfect choice - IMHO there isn't a dryer C/C on the market in this size and you really, REALLY dont want to pick one of the wet ones.

I had the slightly longer FC500 C/C for 3 years and couldn't fault it - we went everywhere in it. Also dont discount the trailer on the FC430 ... its absolutely superb with very easy launching and retrieve capability.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 2:17pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Could you expand on that spin King?
Are you saying that macs are not well built or not good for purpose as well? .. Or the international renowned playgrounds and tanks not up to scratch?
If you are going to bag a product or company at least back it up.
If you go thru threads in these forms you will find the company is held in good reputation for both product and after sales service and back up.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 700 LTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 3:09pm
700 LTR View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I'm pretty sure he said smartwave not Mac's?.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 700 LTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 3:34pm
700 LTR View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I have an FC390, I would go for a FC430 out of all the brands you mentioned above. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spin king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 3:48pm
spin king View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

Could you expand on that spin King?
Are you saying that macs are not well built or not good for purpose as well? .. Or the international renowned playgrounds and tanks not up to scratch?
If you are going to bag a product or company at least back it up.
If you go thru threads in these forms you will find the company is held in good reputation for both product and after sales service and back up.

I have pmd you directly steps but yes I believe the smartwaves are not being molded properly
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 4:13pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by 700 LTR 700 LTR wrote:

I'm pretty sure he said smartwave not Mac's?.....

Yep.. And the manufactures are?

And who makes macs?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 700 LTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 4:34pm
700 LTR View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I have no idea, all he said was smartwave.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 4:51pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

If you want comfort and smooth ride then forget Stabicrafts unless you want a sore back and pounding knees...bloody awful ride.Thumbs Down
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lizid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 7:04pm
lizid View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

After a trip back from the Rangitiras (only occasional whitecaps) in a Stabi 630 HT, all 3 of us walked funny for days. If that is what a big one is like I can hardly bear the thought of a shorter one.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Humpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 8:04pm
Humpy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks for the comments, especially steering me clear of the small Stabi as I have a buggered back from a motorbike accident. I really liked the FC430 but by the time I got it to the spec I wanted it was more expensive than the standard Quintrex Renegade 460 cc or sc. I was in Trent’s from Troutpro’s Renegade on Rotoiti and really liked it. It has some great features as well as being a little bit bigger. It has casting platforms front and rear, in floor lockers, in floor 77L fuel tank, Ali trailer, carpet throughout, rails as standard and much, much better seats for my back. I’m leaning towards the Renegade at the moment but still researching.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RC1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 8:30pm
RC1 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by spin king spin king wrote:

they have been sold to new company a little while ago and are not up to the standard of the old company,
what a load of cra.... they are well made hulls and they perform awesome.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crochet Cast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 10:02pm
Crochet Cast View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I have a Stacer Outlaw 469. Absolutely stoked with it exactly the same use as you. Made by Telwater same as Quintrex. For what you want ideal IMO.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Humpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 7:19am
Humpy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

That Stacer looks nice and set up exactly as I want. Who did you get it through?
Cheers
Page  123>