adhesive deck matting

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lurcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: adhesive deck matting
    Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 9:17am
Lurcher View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Looking at buying some adhesive deck matting for an alloy trailer boat. So many choices. Want something that isn't ridiculously priced but wears well, adheres well and offers good grip. I could either cover the area in a series of strips or buy a square metre or so and cut it up. Can anyone advise?  cheers in advance
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 10:02am
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I’ve put some diamond deck down on the floor in my cockpit. After 2 years it’s still well adhered to the fiberglass floor. Soft comfortable to stand on, easy to keep clean I’d recommend it, one thing I have noticed is the relentless sun over here has degraded the pattern on top of the foam and it’s. Now smooth
"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 3:36pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I used warehouse rubber backed carpet.. Into it 5 or 6th yrs, Ave 25/30 trips a yr.
Don't worry about bait tramped in or careless bleeding of KY etc.
When put down it is very important to have the contact glue fully cover the area and follow the instructions exactly
If the glue doesn't fully cover, the little area that is not glued, if you stand on that and turn twist your foot it pulls that areas way from the rest. After a while this aera will stret h, bubble, get thin and rip.
After each trip I use a gone in 30 seconds detergent clip on hose 1l bottle with about 25% gt18 detergent... Foam up the whole boats D usually hose down the next day.
Couple times a yr I foam up and water blast the whole boat

Carpets are still near as new