dt75 shift shaft broken?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote foxyyeah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dt75 shift shaft broken?
    Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 5:35pm
foxyyeah View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

So was in the process of changing the water pump on the 1988 dt75 suzuki, undid the bolts holing the gear casing to the leg and the gear casing dropped about 2inches and I couldn't get it to drop any further, I later found out after trying to bash the casing off that I have to unhook the shift shaft from up top, did that and now have the casing off but my issue now is that I believe I've pulled the bottom end of the shift shaft out from the gears in the casing ( sorry for the none technical wording) as I can move the shaft up and down freely inside the casing but cannot pull it all the way out as it seems a nut or something is still connected to the bottom not allowing it to come through the hole...

Have i fu**ed it or is there a way i can reattach the shaft?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Durban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 11:06pm
Durban View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

There,s no nut on the end of the cam rod you,ve accidentally pulled out of place its a notchball & spring set up.