Big appreciation and thanks to so many

Page  123>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big appreciation and thanks to so many
    Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 1:06pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

As some of you maybe awear.. I got admitted to hospital couple weeks for 24/7 Limited activity due to a major blockage on what they called the widow maker arterty on my heart.. Plus a few others around it.
The chances of me surviving the last 18 months at least are remarkable.
To this I and my wife and family are in debited to friends and those who crew for me.. Plus that I have a physical disabity that slows.. Not stops.. Me down.

Many thanks for the PM's emails and hospital visits of so many members here.. The consistant requestion of updates just keeping me busy.. Even thru days of huge morphine clouds and other drug side effects.

So I'm 1m now 5 days out from major open heart surgery.. Came home children grand children....
Younger son his 1st communications tower climb up on some mountain out the back of rotarua and working for his older brother and business partner
The older son and his son (11) headed out to go bush for a few days to drop grandsons 1st deer.. Down country somewhere
Wife offered and accepted a new job..
Daughter dropped in to look after me while wife out.. She does her business stuff I make the morning tea and expressos

How is that for 5 days day out
Life is good guys take every moment and be proud of it

Thanks and appreciation.

Now the bad news.. Minuim., so I have been told 12 to 16 weeks before

next bar crossing out off the west coast.. And 6 to 8 before harbour fish.

All good(except the fishing)
Cheers
Steps
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 2:03pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Rest and get well soon Steps, speedy recovery.
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 2:25pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just take it easy, and do everything the doctors say.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 3:41pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Oh crap,thats no good "steps" follow Doctors advice and do not rush it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 3:42pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Get well soon.
I had a bit of a close call a couple of years ago. But managed to change a rear tractor tire the other day, so whatever they did to me in hospital must have worked. Plenty of snapper on the west coast for you to catch soon.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 6:36pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

All the best for a speedy recovery

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 6:54pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

all the best Steps~~upwards & on wardsBig smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 8:26pm
JustAnotherSpearo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Been thinking of you mate! Time will fly by and youll be back out there again.

For the mean time if you lose the plot you can always sit in the drive way and start the old girl up and sniff some of the 2 stroke goodness...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 8:35pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

All the best. Onward and upwards from here. Just watch those hooks and fins when on blood thinners. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 9:11pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Yes, listen to your doctors!
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 9:25pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Bugger mate but the fish will be waiting for you when you are ready, get well soon
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote terrafish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 10:08pm
terrafish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Life is good guys take every moment and be proud of it

Nothing more to say

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 10:36pm
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm gonna take advantage of your absence on the water steps, and slay a few fish until you get back out..and hog them all again..
Rest up, no rush, you now have a longer "rest of your life"
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote baitcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 11:24pm
baitcatcher View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi Steps
Rest up mate,follow Dr's advice. it's a good time to sharpen your hooks.
& no climbing up ladders.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 11:56pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You got out of there in one piece so will be all go from here on. Just rest up and dont think about fishing. That would cause frustration you dont need. The day will soon come when you are out there fishing again.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 6:31am
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

All the best steps - I remember talking to my dad later that day after heart surgery - yes amazing recovery but follow doctors advice and you should be fine.
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 1:37pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yep. Follow Dr orders. I if had not I would not have made it to the table.. When 1st saw him he aid if hurts stop.
Yep couple trips up to get the truck at the ramp stopped weighted.. And a few other things mowing lawns etc..

1st check up this morning with my doctor.. 7 days 1 hr after op Now
has his boat up gulf harbour.. He's very pleased.. Not surprised at up so quick..
All good..
Just don't push to hard against the fatigue thing. And tiered spells.. And move to just into edges of fel bones knitting together and stuff.. Lungs everything all good.
Watch the mood swings now and possible depression in a few weeks time
Do have a concern Thu........
Edit appoliges.. Something dealing with thru apprioate channels edited it out

Just read smudges fridays report.. Worst report every skippies albies from just outside the bar.. Snapper everywhere
And I'm not going to get my WoF in time..
No consideration for those of us stuck at home...
Then coxies video and the counties comp.. Just to rub it in

Well done guys.. Congrats to all those who won my priz
es as well..

Just got a call from daughter in law.. Son and grandson (11)(above post) on the way home from kaimanuwhas and coming here with venison backstrap steaks for dinner

Life is so good guys.. So good

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 4:47pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Keep up with the posts Steps, a few weeks off is nothing to the years you may have  fishing still to come after opp. Best Wishes.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 7:13pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Snappa Geoff Snappa Geoff wrote:

Keep up with the posts Steps, a few weeks off is nothing to the years you may have  fishing still to come after opp. Best Wishes.....

Indeed, get well soon
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 10:58am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Got to fill in time and yeah OK will continue posting.
Recon there have Ben a few gone thru this.. And a few who will in the future.
Doesn't come much bigger than this.
It hits you wife family and kids far harder.. Emotionally and time wise.. Give them a lot of rope.
You are going in to have the 'car' fixed and trust in these very highly skilled and professional ppl.
There will be the odd one who cleans up.. Maybe a nurse or those who cook food who are unprofessional.. Roll with it.. Or be like me have admin staff overall the cooks resulting in a huge upgrade in food for all.
Forget about grumpy nurses.. They know their stuff.. They are the best you can get on your side.. True craftsmen.

Once out of the op.. Do everything yourself.. Very slowly. Do not let them help you.. If reach a point fel stressing something and can't work out which way to move to get around it.... Then they can touch you and help.
That includes your very 1st move from intensive care bed hrs after op.

Rule 1 to 10
Pain will not harm you.. Stress ie o. n lungs.. Breast bone stitches in chest legs will.

The tubes in the chest.. That's huge pain.. Morphine pain level..
Make sure every winkle in the sheet under has been pulled out perfectly.. Enough mphorne can get a breath just deep enough not to have to take a breath slightly deeper..
Chill out. Do not move. Get the next lot morphine just before or on time.. NEVER even a couple minutes late..
If you move those tubes will rub your lungs..
Normally will be 24 to 30 hrs.
Because I drained slower had just over 48hrs..
And a nurse thru one night who could not understand all I need was the sheet wrinkles pulled from under me.. Not extra bloody pain killers.
When comes to pulling tubes.. It hurts.
They come in pc bs and have to tell you the how to.. Like I have a bloody choice?
Chill out lay back.. Relax.. Make their job as easy as possible no mater what..
And follow instructions when to breath in and out.

From there it is home run..
No more morphine.. Takes few days for brain to start to clear.
But take that couple paracetamol on time never late.. Before the body starts to hurt..
Had 2 very (1 'grumpy') nurses, Simon and Gina.. Real onto it ppl..
Best advice right up to this moment they have given me.
Do not take when get sore.. It's not good for you family to have a grumpy old man.

The other thing is emotion. Not up and down.. More subject to subject and intense.. You just want to shake a nurses hand or give them a thank you hug and burst into tears.. At 1st it's what the hell attitude..
Once again those professional onto it nurses just say it's par for the coarse. Let ppl know about the side effects and get used just go with the flow..
Yeah pun intended

Anyway morning tea time.. A pile of pills
Catch up later

Page  123>