Big appreciation and thanks to so many

Page  <123
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote formtool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 4:14pm
formtool View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi Steps, Sorry for you but things can only improve. Reading one of the posts and think you mentioned about your lawn. My father had a Quadrupedal bypass in 1995 and still kicking around. But he found out that having a serious operation he was entitled to have someone mow the lawn and the government will fund him back for it. You've paid taxes (i hope Wink) so don't be afraid to see and ask what is available for you. They wont freely tell you whats available so you have to ask them or other organisations.
Get well soon. Rod   
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 5:12pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hey I don't mean to sound disrespectful.. And do appreciate the get well notes and stuff..
I have a problem when people feel sorry... Its the last thing I want people to feel.. **** happens.. 50 yrs ago I would be coming to the end of my life.. Be use of these sorts of things.
When I was in hospital.. Posts way back.. I was up into civvies folded pj at 7am made bed sit up in chair have breakfast, shower shave.. And out for a walk.. Well bit of a shuffle.
I was nearly only one.. The other a Dutch tourist who had a heart attack or something while hiking back country.. The rest mopped around feeling sry for themselves and their visitors felt sry for them...

As to tax payer to pay for lawns.. Grandson wants to go to a scout jamboree.. He's earning money...
Having being a bit disabled for 40 od yrs hadn't stopped me doing stuff.. I just figure out another way to do it.. Usually easier faster and more efficient..
If I need help I will ask.. Eg today needed help to put the compression sock on.
Yeah paid taxes.. Yeah will apply for help If I genuinely can't figure out away to do it my self.. Which is very rare.. Oh yeah got a disabity card that only use if crook.. That's not free.
I have little time for those who put their hand out just cause it's there.. And that's a huge problem in our modern society.. People become dependent rather thsn encouraged to be independent..

No disrespect.. If I didn't have such a very much arogante bull headed attitude then I'm sure I would not be where I am today..

Finished that knife.. On the leather strop scarry sharp.. Nice steel.
Anyway wife home and going for a ride up the toad for milk fresh veggies and stuff..

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 6:56pm
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks for posting enjoying the read...
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 11:25am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Not a lot happening over last couple days.. Just getting sick of not being able to reach for or lift basic stuff..
Even sitting on a coach and putting one's arm up across the back is a no no.
Being able to turn or lay on one's side to sleep is getting easier.. For short periods
Get to early afternoon and the eyes just want to go to sleep. Body and brain don't. If do go for a Nanna nap then sleeping at night is effected..
Tried to cut last night's 1 am paracetamol.. Ended up taking around 4am.
Chest muscles hurt.. To tough and when in the car/truck.
Have to have a folded towel under the seat belt, but hold it like a bra to support the muscles on vibrations and bumps.
The leg wound is just a little burn in small parts.. If one bothers to take notice, the chest wound more so and breast bone sort of aches.
Just wish it would all stop being sort for a while.. Sick of it.
Think this is the real feeling bit down kicking in now.

Doing a lot walking, around home, go shopping with the wife, looking at ensuites and kitchettes for the end bedroom.
Run out of good knives to form good edges and sharpen
Anyone local want me to show them how, and how to maintain would be good.. About an hr including fresh ground flat white..
Went around the house with the feather duster..he other dsy Can't use the vacuum cleaner, mop, take out rubbish.. Can load dishwasher not unload or do dishes.
Got a reasonable ice box the other week, still haven't seen if fits into the cabin yet.. Not allowed to climb ladders.
Did fix the shower head the other day.. Small kitchen ladder.. Got into big trouble. But took it slow easy and used a lot of day time..
I hate walking unless there is a purpose to it.. Getting the truck and trailer at the ramp, hunting, mowing the lawn..
Never used one of those walking machines.. Wife has one so thinking maybe setup the 10" tab on it, find a program to binge watch on netfixs or light box.. See if that works??.

So 3 weeks in. Drive in 6 weeks..3 weeks away If get doc clearance...
Doesn't look as time is going to fly past..
And another 6 weeks after that before go fishing..

Oh yeah wife has a sick sense of humour.. She went shopping around op shops with her girlfriends and brought this for me.
Will load pic in a few minutes

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 6:06pm
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Love it...
She must love you steps to take the piss..
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 9:41am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks to the guys dropping in for a coffee every now and then.. Can't drive for about another month
Can't even do dishes. But lot walking.
Knives have to do careful while missus not around
Bored.
And sick of sleepless nights feeling tired and sore bloody chest. Leg pretty well ok now.. It think about it I notice something every now and then. So that's all good.

Not taking Nanna naps to help to get at least best night sleep as possible.
Also if one messes up a go to bed at night and early wake up routine it messes up sleep.
Most ppl who have sleep issues don't have good sleep routines
My problem is roll over hurt wake up then re config pillows to sleep in new position.

Wind dropped, look at Waikato bar.. Live feed.. 1/2 tide incoming and flat.. Look up from my cuppa, sitting on the deck boat rightin front of me saying "let's go.. NOW"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 9:45am
JustAnotherSpearo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

Wind dropped, look at Waikato bar.. Live feed.. 1/2 tide incoming and flat.. Look up from my cuppa, sitting on the deck boat rightin front of me saying "let's go.. NOW"

Nah Steps fish aren't biting today wink wink nudge nudge, enjoy the cuppa Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 12:19pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Fish always bite m8... yet to have a trip with no feed..
yr before last 34 trips, last yr 26.. been like that for near 8 yrs..
Its not the fishing . its just being out there, good company.
Get home txt neighbours to come over grab a couple fish..
couple beers or coffee filleting up...neighbours wives /children up on the deck having a cuppa or a wine.

Post above, near 1/2 tide .. should have had the boat hooked up and heading out the gate.
 Now top of the tide, check wind etc...give it 30 mins then head back in.. bite will have gone off then.
Couple drifts try and figure out Coxies Trev spot after checking in with CG.
 Yet to hook a trevConfused ..damn look hard at his videos to... 
 Being early in the day maybe head up the river little further have a go for a good carp.. they are meant to be a lot of fun on light gear small hooks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 2:42pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

F
Its not the fishing . its just being out there, good company.
Get home txt neighbours to come over grab a couple fish..
couple beers or coffee filleting up...neighbours wives /children up on the deck having a cuppa or a wine.

Bang on Steps, thats what life is about, you know my health issues, here is to you and I making 2019 healthy and focussing on what brings good health and ditching what makes us ill so we have many many years of the above.

And also whilst sometimes quite blunt, your opinions on this forum are always of good value SmileStar

Although I disagree, its impossible to catch Snapper during winter, so everybody stay cozy and warm inside, they all just dissappear due to water temp. Nothing to see out there folks. Keep your boats clean and winterised. WinkWinkWink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:36am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Now near 1 month out of hospital.

A couple unexpected things come up in recent days that others who may have to go open heart/ lung surgery  will come across

Been knocking up 3 to 4kms per day walking for a while now. 3 to 3.2km /hr
Wounds looking real good.
most of the breast plate has knitted up...
Went to the Doctor for 2nd check up yesterday, and according to 'therory' get clearance to drive. I  decided not to drive yet as ther is still a lot of restriction to arms from around the top of the breast plate and collar bone areas.
 If need to turn the steering wheel quick, would not be able to do so or maintain a grip to do so.
This top area of breast bone collar bone has been unexpected, thu according to the doc, normal...
Makes a god night sleep difficult. 
Have been laying on a pillow vertical up my back, pillow under my head so head tilts back.. holding shoulders back then slowly take bigger and bigger breathes , expanding chest and collar bone area...100 to 200 slow breaths couple time every 24 hrs
 This has made a huge difference in comfort...

I still have to use arms carefully..opening swing doors, lifting a full jug from the back of the kitchen bench type stuff.

The legs, this has been a bit frustrating...I know have built up their fitness, but after around 150/ 200m the muscles hurt like hell????.. which makes the next 1 or 2 km rather uncomfortable.
 At the same time, Im very surprised that my heart doesnt get above 112 and breathing doesnt increase .. get slightly puffed..
The doc explained Im on beta blockers that stop the heart rate increasing or pumping hard.. and my lungs are in excellent condition...because the heart is not working hard the muscles in my legs are not getting the energy/ oxygen they need and hurt.
Wish someone told me that before hand.. knowing would have made handling the hurt far easier..

Another thing is seems may have a couple cracked.. well on mend now after month, ribs 4 from the bottom left back side...hurts a bit.. well quite bit  when deep breathing or move in certain directions.. thats ok, just ignore.
 Never really noticed before as limitation in movements and other stuff hurt far more.

Son came back from another hunt in the kaimis  late last, with a nice stag last night, which will help clean up for mounting over next few days as hes off overseas... so maybe a couple meals , venison next couple days as well.

Bad news..
So the bar has been down for 3 days now, and fine weather thru to Good Friday and Sat .. Sunday looks like a bit of rain..
Another 8 weeks before allowed to go out in the boat.. 
counting down.

Good news , should have collar bones top of breast sorted by end next week so can get clearance to drive.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 10:51am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

MAN YOU HAVE BEEN THROPUGH ALOT STEPS.

The human body is an amazing machine and what it can take and come out roses is incredible.

Your almost there mate - screaming reels in no time!!
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 1:21pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The fish have heard that you are coming. They are all taking cover...Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 6:47pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Been thru a lot.. No not really.
I had a 0.3 chance of surviving the previous 12 months. That was a bit scarry.
Open heart surgery... Doesn't get much bigger.... And it's not exactly uncommon these days...
Which is why this thread is here...
Yep getting locked up in ward for a week, cause you are very libel to drop dead... Espec being out over the bar nailing it 2 days before..
The the op.. Tubes, mopgine for a couple days.. At home 5 days from the op.. Initial recovery 4 to 6 weeks, recovery 12/13 weeks
And a lot happens when the rib cage is cut open bent back.. Then wired back together.
It is the little things that are important.. What people don't tell you or realise like wrinkles in the sheet under you.
Yep suppose a lot..
But hey I'm alive.. Got more colour in my face than have had for 12/18 months. And good for another 25 yrs... That's over 90.

So spent the arvo helping son butcher and vac pack the red deer.. That's a lot of meat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 9:39am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Looking at the live Waikato bar feed...
2 boats actually fishing near right on the bar, and boats heading out a couple early birds heading in.
While since seen it this busy..
It's one of the flattest days have seen.. And it's high tides..near on 4m
Wind 4 to 5 knts right thru to Sunday morning when starts to get around 10/12 knts
Swell 0.5m with 18/20 period

Wish was out there.
All the best guys

Anyone around waiuku has a spare 40cm snap for dinner would go down real well
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 9:59am
JustAnotherSpearo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Have you caught that big blue monster in the bottom left yet Steps? 
Page  <123