Fibreglass/Gelcoat/Repaint Repair

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blindspot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fibreglass/Gelcoat/Repaint Repair
    Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 12:01pm
Blindspot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi all,

I am looking for a recommendation on where to get my boat repaired.
The bottom of my 3.8 RHIB has seen better days, the glass has a taken a few scrapes and bangs and I am wanting to get this looked at.  Looks like it has had some repairs in the past and the paint is peeling off in places.

I recall getting some fibreglass work done by a member here out west but open to recommendations.

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blindspot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:44pm
Blindspot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

really, nobody has any recommendations for this?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 8:09am
Garry 23041 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Surprising alright. Someone should rock up with a suggestion or two....

I do my own, but it's just another job to do in the end.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:35am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I would suggest supreme think it is in Holmes Rd Manurewa.
I do my own hull repair n
Maintance as owned and run a fibreglass moulding company in the 70s /80s till muldoons sales tax bs killed the industry.

There are several good step by step threads in these forums of people starting out doing thevbasicic clean up then intend to send off to a workshop.. It been suggested to them once they start they will find its not rocket science and will end up doing their own very professional repair
And end up doing so saving a heap of money plus have a few nice tools hanging permently above their garage work bench

Start by striping all the paint of the glass so can see war wounds excactlt what is there and what needs to be done.. Including re doing any old suspect repairs hidden by a paint job over glass.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blindspot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 8:55pm
Blindspot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

yeah im just not going to do this myself, I am renovating the house and don't have the capacity.  Happy to pay for a professional finish.