Counties Classic

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Counties Classic
    Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 3:01pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Team Smudge are hitting this one tomorrow. Me, Skoti & Arron have a plan to harbour fish Friday cos the swell is big over the coast and spend 2 days trying to catch Arron his first marlin. We want a 20lb snapper too as there's a $1000 for one of those.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 5:15pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Go sleigh them Team Smudge,all the best.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 6:00pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by pjc pjc wrote:

Go sleigh them Team Smudge,all the best.

Thanks Paul, we're going to Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 7:07pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

After you give them a ride in the snow you can slay them as well . Good luck out there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 7:35pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

And here I am stuck in Auckland hospital. Just had a body shave for heart surgery 7am tomorrow morning..
Just looking at swells
Looks like early hrs Sunday and improving as the day goes on good for the bars
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 10:31pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Tagit Tagit wrote:

After you give them a ride in the snow you can slay them as well . Good luck out there.

Hehe yeah, we will slay them as there is no snow. The prizes have a retail value of 100k so it's a pretty good comp even if I say so myself.

I've bid $50 on my boat to win in the Calcutta auction. Well ok the truth is my mate snuck up on me and pushed my hand up in the airBig smile 

If we are best boat we will win a pile of money but while we usually do well in the prizewinning stakes we aren't known for our game fishing skills and  with snapper worth 1 point a kilo and a tagged marlin worth 120 points we need at least one stickface to even have a chance. We have had a 3rd place marlin before so it's not a bad investment at $50.

Some boats were going for $500+ so a big outside chance for us. It's all about the thrill of the chase though and no prizes doesn't detract from the experience of being part of it all. It's just a bonus to go up on the stage.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 10:33pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

And here I am stuck in Auckland hospital. Just had a body shave for heart surgery 7am tomorrow morning..
Just looking at swells
Looks like early hrs Sunday and improving as the day goes on good for the bars

Thinking of you Steps, hope the op goes well. I'll keep you up with progress. It's a real pity you can't get out to see how we run our comps, they are pretty slick Wink

Get well soon my friend.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (4) Likes(4)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 3:04pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Out of surgery all good other than bit saw from cutting my chest open
Enough of thar
I went up to the weigh in at the last one.. Yeah was impressive in all aspects in lite of the rough bar
Keep the updates
Oh daughter is in the filed rolls sandwich duty Friday night while other son baby sitting the grandchildren..
Couple pics to make me envious not getting out?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 11:55pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Good to hear you're on the mend Steps. I'll put up a report once my head clears Big smile