Mania Mussel Farm

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mania Mussel Farm
    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 4:46pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bang bang bang 3.30am,bro you up for a fish,yeah why not. So off to kkb ramp launched and motored slowly across to mania,se wind with tide against swell so not ideal. Lines wet by 6.30 and the action never stopped, I believe in taking first 7 legal but today what a dream,actually could pick which to keep and which to let go as snapper so plentiful,ranging from 350 to 750 so kept everything over 400,easly got our limit in 1.5hrs so home we came,met at kkb by fisheries,Hmm no need to measure we will just count.Had me thinking for a minute but yep we had 7 each so all good.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 4:57pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

measured 56cm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote terrafish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 10:07pm
terrafish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

no offense but that is one goddamn ugly snap! Did it have any bone deformities when you filleted it? Condition?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 7:48am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

bugger all meat for the size,matt caught a 76cm with a big bump on the head,the lane we were in we had a charter vessels either side of us and appear to be catching the same size as well.  Just about every bait sent down was a hook up or bust off using 9/0 recurves.

lots of sub 75 kings then a hr later the over size kings turned up,managed to hook a couple but being so close to mussel ropes,yep pull wrap snap,Matt used an unusual technique to catch kings,  white bread with hook just in the bread so it floated on top and to my surprise the kings ate the bread and manged to get hoked.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 3:07pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Interesting day at the farm,barge working and nothing caught till barge left.we were in next row with the burley trail running past.Sat there for 1hr till action. got the limit in quick time,all fish in the 450 range except my last one that went just on 8lb gutted.Took nephews new stabi across(1850 with 115hp evenrude 2s)bloody good boat. Did question ourselves 1/2 way across as swell running in to last of outgoing but worth it. calm as on way home and sat nicely on 28knts.total fuel useage from kkb and return 16lts.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 6:08am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

good results. Good time of year to be on the water. Boat would have been perfect for the fishing you were doing. Always a added bonus of economical fillets 👍.

Was the Stabi brand new? Have you been on a older one? Interesting to hear what the ride comparison is.  
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 10:31am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

New in December 2020.first time out for me.thought it pounded a bit compared to his old victory sport outboard on a pod and I was nervous about how low to the water it is.apparently standard set up .impressed on the economy.my V13 35 go Johny uses 14 ltd same trip
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 5:26pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Went on the nephews today and the stabi certainly came in to its own against southerly chop, good time to play with the trim. Took it off auto and used manual and what difference. Figured out settings on his Lowrance thingy. But why would you have depth sounder and a separate fish mode??
Fished several different farms and inside,away,next too harvester. plenty of burley going.A salmon/bonito/fish oil mix.
Plenty of throw backs sub28cm snapper,1 shark(tope??)4ft agry thing and a seagull when casting out,line went around wing and other birds hovering above,got it to boat and untangled wing.Bird was most gratified it flew over head and direct shot.
All for 1 snapper 38cm.
Guess thats winter but what a difference a week can make. The cold snap must of kicked in and fish closed down.Water temp 12c certainly felt warmer compared to air temp.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 2:54pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Been 4 weeks since we have had decent weather.So today was the day,Left ramp 4.30 ,still dark but full moon.Heading across about 1/2 way and full reverse,thought it was a log and next minute a shag takes off.Must of been sleeping.Arrived farms all hooked .Thomas and I dropped lines only to catch a stingray each.Bugger.Who would of thought they take a mullet head?? Took awhile between throws backs but managed 4 lx 35cm then went quiet as in next row a shark cruised past,Could see fin and maybe 2m to tail when broke surface.Yep we are outta here,back across to ponui island byrant bay area .10m lots of small snapper but managed 4 more so 8 for the day.
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 3:43pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

good to get out aye. Good effort too! Nice feed. Stingers would have been fun

The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb