The Mighty Mokau

Post Options Post Options   Likes (5) Likes(5)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Mighty Mokau
    Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 10:21pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I've never been there, but there is a fella from here who has some outstanding catches from the place. On behalf of Counties Sport Fishing Club I'd like to thank Snapper Geoff for his part in assisting one of our club boats who came to grief there yesterday. 

A young but experienced crew tumbled over on the bar after nabbing a nice marlin. They lost a lot of nice gear but they are all ok.

Thanks Geoff.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (6) Likes(6)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 6:38am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

I've never been there, but there is a fella from here who has some outstanding catches from the place. On behalf of Counties Sport Fishing Club I'd like to thank Snapper Geoff for his part in assisting one of our club boats who came to grief there yesterday. 

A young but experienced crew tumbled over on the bar after nabbing a nice marlin. They lost a lot of nice gear but they are all ok.

Thanks Geoff.
Thanks Smudge, I was just part of a small group of locals helping. With everyones ideas, ropes, towing vechile we managed to right the boat at ramp drain it and get back on trailer. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 3:32pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great work, Geoff and other Mokauians. Small town NZ, nothing like it.

Thanks for sharing that accolade Smudge.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tonga-tui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 7:34pm
tonga-tui View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Unfortunate thing to happen. Hope all crew was safe mighty westcoast as unpredictable as ever. Awesome work geoff
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 3:50pm
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Onya Geoff, good work salvaging the boat, hope they managed to keep the fish.

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blindspot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 11:32pm
Blindspot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

bumped into one of them yesterday at Yeehaa, scary stuff.  Looks like they lost a bit of gear and the stuff they did have had seen better days.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote terrafish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 12:36am
terrafish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hats off, to all those that got their hands wet.

This is why I love my country