Cape York Reef Fishing

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Metal Float Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cape York Reef Fishing
    Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 7:34pm
Metal Float View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hiya, I'm considering a mid-winter (July) fishing trip based on or off-shore from Cape York.  

Recommendations, please? Is the west of the cape too windy in July?

We've got 5-6 days and are only interested in reef fishing - popper and jig, with a bit of fly and trolling (resting). 

Targeting the usual tropical reef species: GTs, wahoo, mackerel, bass, coutta, emperors, trout, wrasse and tuna etc. Ideally, there would be sailfish action and the odd small blue. 

Barra fishing doesn't really interest me and if it did I'd head to the Fly River not NT.

We don't mind being based at remote-lodge or mother ship. 

Any suggestions? I've trolled the internet and emailed a few providers but I'd prefer a recommendation or two. 

Happy to pay more for more active fishing as I've paid for plenty of disappointing trips in the past. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Polar_Kiwis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 9:48pm
Polar_Kiwis View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nomad looks great
Here fishy, fishy fishy.... Nom, nom, nom
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Metal Float Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 5:37pm
Metal Float View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Polar_Kiwis Polar_Kiwis wrote:

Nomad looks great

Yeah - they look like a top outfit and well-resourced. Worth considering for sure. 

Has anyone has first-hand experience with one of their reef fishing options?