Stacer 679 vs Extreme 645

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 8:10am
Otto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by whippersnappyr whippersnappyr wrote:

Just a thought but wouldn’t 150hp be a bit light on for a 6.5m hardtop unless they are quite light?

I'd agree with that.

What about one of these bow heavy boats Tongue i think this would be value for money with a bit of negotiation

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boats-marine/motorboats/auction-1916296046.htm?rsqid=d59da40020034e8d98948c2003053bad

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pompey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 8:13am
pompey View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice boat, looks good value. I looked at them a couple of years back when looking to buy. With an enclosed cabin the cockpit will be quite small for a 6.5m boat. I agree, 150hp is too small. The one I looked at was new. The dealer said they put a 175 on it to start with but was struggling a bit so replaced it with a 200. That was not an enclosed model
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Helios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 8:58am
Helios View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks guys, the 150 seems to be the go to engine on 6.5s now but I guess they're just chucking the minimum on there they can get away with.

That surtees certainly looks the business, I took the Mrs to see some last weekend and she thought they looked a bit "fishy" haha, her favourite was this extreme 645, at least its well powered with a yamaha 200 on the back https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1924007223
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote harryh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 12:00pm
harryh View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Try an Ultimate 21 great ride and stable. 48mph top end with a 150. 6mm hull 180 litre fuel tank.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote notalloyit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 12:51pm
notalloyit View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Some of the earlier southerns had a twist in the hull, very hard to balance/ trim boat when underway, also looked off at rest, almost looked like they were listing slightly.
BNS Design & Print LTD 0800 733 000   for all printing needs, special rates for website members. Free freight NZ wide.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Helios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 1:21pm
Helios View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

The ultimates look like great boats when kitted out but are a bit above my new budget, hoping to get something for around 90k so I'll probably need to look second hand.

Interesting note about the Southerns, hadn't heard that, cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote harryh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 2:15pm
harryh View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Go close with the all Alloy version if not to many extras.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote junior fisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 9:41pm
junior fisho View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

90k should get you an extreme 2-3 years old with heaps of extras.
Always nicer to buy second hand for way less than the orginal owner shelled out
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bigfishbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 9:54pm
Bigfishbob View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Helios Helios wrote:

Thanks guys, the 150 seems to be the go to engine on 6.5s now but I guess they're just chucking the minimum on there they can get away with.

That surtees certainly looks the business, I took the Mrs to see some last weekend and she thought they looked a bit "fishy" haha, her favourite was this extreme 645, at least its well powered with a yamaha 200 on the back https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1924007223

Make sure you sea trial that one thoroughly in both Chop and calm conditions. I think that extreme belonged to mates old man, and they hated it, no matter what they did they could stop it bouncing in calm water running. They had the 605 like mine and wanted more room and power as they were all divers, so they got the 645 and put the yammie 200 on it but couldn't get it to ride nicely.
www.waikatosportfishing.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Helios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 7:29am
Helios View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by Bigfishbob Bigfishbob wrote:

Make sure you sea trial that one thoroughly in both Chop and calm conditions. I think that extreme belonged to mates old man, and they hated it, no matter what they did they could stop it bouncing in calm water running. They had the 605 like mine and wanted more room and power as they were all divers, so they got the 645 and put the yammie 200 on it but couldn't get it to ride nicely.

Oh stink one, your mates dad isn't Russian is he? The boat shop selling it said it was a Russian guy who threw extras on it but he could have just been talking bollocks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bigfishbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 8:14pm
Bigfishbob View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Helios Helios wrote:

Originally posted by Bigfishbob Bigfishbob wrote:

Oh stink one, your mates dad isn't Russian is he? The boat shop selling it said it was a Russian guy who threw extras on it but he could have just been talking bollocks

It could be a completely different boat, but I haven't seen that many 610s with 200hp Yamahas on them. My mates Dad did sell it about 6 months or more ago, so maybe the Russian dude had bought it off him.
www.waikatosportfishing.co.nz
Page  <12