Mac Attack On The Snaps!! Mokau

Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mac Attack On The Snaps!! Mokau
    Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 7:39pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi All teamed up with me Mokau Ausi Mate Chris again today with the aim of getting a few Snaps on the board for Mokau Fishing Clubs Two Month Summer CompThumbs Up We had to head a bit south as Mokau was to big for a beach launch but it paid off in the end, Big time. Perfect conditions we settled fairly close  in by 8 am with the Straylines set for actionBig smile Thankfully we caught a few good Kahawai before the first bit of interest. As wot happened in the next two hours we needed every bit of bait we could lay our hands on! First two fish i played in were good 6 odd kgs. kept thinking good to weigh in. Then Chris had a good run hooked it and played in a better fish around 8 kgs! A few more came my way between 6-8kg. Then i said to chris its catch and release from here on BudBig smile
The next hour we let up to ten Snaps go all in the 6-8 kg range before finally on a big Kahawai head and underbelly i hooked in to a bigger one! Did some serious runs before finally netting it. Yeh ha! that was more of wot i was after. Shortly after we left them biting as we had no decent bait left i use to target them. Did a quick drive around Mokau giving Snaps away before heading to pub to weigh our best ones, and a beerWink Mine went 10.18 kg and Chris 7.98.  A few photo's from a great morning! Cheers All.....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 8:23pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bloody hell Clap(that's all as I'm again speechless) 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote churbay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 9:10pm
churbay View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Epic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Potty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 10:01pm
Potty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

๐Ÿ‘nice work
Love fishing, love my job. It's a bloody shame that they clash.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 10:46pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

a few in the chillibin as well Geoff?
Another top effortBig smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 12:24am
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Geez Geoff imagine if you fished out of a yak and used lures haha awesome effort well done.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 5:54am
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Uncle Uncle wrote:

a few in the chillibin as well Geoff?
Another top effortBig smile
Na! took e'm out for quick photo Bill.Beer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 6:06am
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Downtown Downtown wrote:

Geez Geoff imagine if you fished out of a yak and used lures haha awesome effort well done.
Hi Downtown, I'd be towed around all over the showLOL Be good to see a lure fisho give it a go with me out there in a yak or boat but getting guys to come here is the hard part. I'll stick to me stinky Bait!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 6:10am
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by krow krow wrote:

Bloody hell Clap(that's all as I'm again speechless) 
Cheers krow, it was a great session! Left me Ausi mate a bit speechless as well....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CrayZfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 2:43pm
CrayZfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thanks for the inspiration Geoff. Well done
Heading to Raglan this weekend for a family function might have to take my stray-lining gear and harass the shallows with big baits, Coast looks like it should be flat.

Why choose either diving or fishing when you can do both. Besides crayfish tail is very good bait!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 8:47pm
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice Thumbs Up

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 2:00pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Crikey Geoff , that wicked guiding..๐Ÿ‘
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sole M8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 6:34pm
Sole M8 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

CensoredCensoredCensored&$%#^%$#*^&CensoredCensoredCensored
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 10:18pm
Muzzfishing View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Wicked fishing Geoff, Thumbs Up                                                                                           I am going to have to try the shallower depths soon might get lucky.
    A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.