Kawhia charter

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wide Load Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kawhia charter
    Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 6:32pm
Wide Load View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I am planning our annual Soft vs Smelly bait snapper challenge late in March which will end with a charter in Kawhia I have heard good things about "Dove Charters".
There will be 5 of us and as the organiser this year and member of the Soft Bait team, I'm looking to swing things in our favour LOL........
Any recommendations anyone?
I'm thinking of staying at the Kawhia motel, which I have also heard good things about.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wanda_Ra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 6:51pm
Wanda_Ra View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

https://www.venturerfishingcharterskawhia.co.nz/ ;   This is the one ive taken my sons out on about a dozen times.   
Guy goes the extra mile to make sure we come home happy. Once we went out with only 3 on board due to a large group not turning up.

Not been out on Dove charters so cant comment, except to say i fish off the wharf a lot and have seen plenty of times that they come back loaded to the gunnels with full fish bins and smiling fishermen.
If you think you are too small to make a difference,try sleeping with a mosquito in your tent.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 7:51pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Not sure if they are still going but I really enjoyed my trip with Crazy Horse charters out of Kawhia. Great skipper.

Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 8:43pm
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

308 is a fast boat, they are all pretty good and are well patronised.

Cheers

The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wide Load Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 6:38pm
Wide Load View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Dove booked Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 7:19am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Use steamed mussel or squid.
The baiters will win!
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 4:56pm
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I use skippy, nothing else comes close to it, last Saturday 3 limits of snaps in 10m of water, took under and hour, was fast n furious, nothing huge but nice eaters.
This spot is the only place I use berley which is skippy frames and heads put thru a chipper.

Good luck Wide Load.

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar