Wife's PB 20kg kingfish

Post Options Post Options   Likes (12) Likes(12)   Quote robdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wife's PB 20kg kingfish
    Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 1:12pm
robdunk View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Decided to go out and prospect another new shallow water kingfish spot yesterday, weather was set to be perfect so the goal was to try and catch the wife a monster shallow water king.
Got out early and found some good schools of kawahai and had some fun loading up the tank with some ''treats'' for the kingies.
Headed over to our new spot anchored up and got the burley running set out two nice livies under balloons as only in 6.5m over water.
We were all set with baited anticipation....
After a couple of hours one of the livies started getting a bit nervous and sure enough we could see a big green back shadowing the bait, with the excitement levels rising we were ready for what was an amazing strike, the kingfish was locked onto the kawahai and at one point we could see the kawahai clear leaping out of the water with the kingi going nuts behind, after some big splashes and wakes of water we were on and the wife was hanging on for dear life as this green back took off like a freight train!!
It was well hooked with a bkk circle hook and I was just laughing seeing the wife in pain getting railed by this fish, doing well though and after about 10mins of line going in and then out we got it close to the boat and I could see it was of fair size and was definitely going to be a PB, so the nerves increased as I wanted to see it landed for Emma's sake.
Knots and hook held up (whew! as I wouldn't of heard the end of that one!) And we got her onto the boat high fives all round and and she hit 20.5kg bigger than her last PB of 17kg job done and extremely satisfied we put the monster back to fight another day.

Not to miss out we fished a bit longer and i managed to catch another great fish going 12kg which came home to the smoker, another great prospected spot that hit the mark. Who needs snapper fishing when you can have fun slamming kingies all summer long!! Liked!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 1:56pm
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well done, great when plans come together like that. Were you fishing over sand or foal.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote robdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 5:18pm
robdunk View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

We were fishing just off a rocky outcrop had a few close shaves with the nearby reef
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 6:11pm
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That's a great effort, I presume you were anchored the whole time or did you lead it away in the end.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote robdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 7:32pm
robdunk View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Stayed anchored managed to keep it around the back of the boat, had to lift the engine at one point
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 9:11pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great read Robdunk! High fives to Emma on the PBThumbs Up Liked.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 9:19pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Marligator Marligator wrote:

Well done, great when plans come together like that. Were you fishing over sand or foal.

I'll be cheeky and point out it was most definitely a 'horse' of a fish!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 9:20pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great report, patience paid off - i can feel the tension at the end, praying nothing would go wrong. Well done to you and your wife.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 9:43pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Satisfying to read. You had a plan,spied out the land ,put plan into action and achieved top result. Well done. 
As for wives getting the best fish,well,i know that to be true from experience. They are good at that.Smile.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote robdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 9:04pm
robdunk View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks guys I was just stoked to see a monster fish come on board and then great to see it swim away.
Actually not bad being the spectator just watching line peeling of the reel and not being in pain
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote terrafish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 9:31pm
terrafish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Awesome mate. Nice to see the wives out there doing it, and showing up us lads.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote robdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 7:01am
robdunk View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Will try and get out again this Saturday to prospect another good looking spot. Wife has a bit to go to beat my PB
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 8:35am
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Great stuff
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Babe_e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 7:25pm
Babe_e View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Awesome! Great to see Chicks enjoying the big fishing too!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scullapint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 8:43pm
scullapint View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Only 20??? I grabbed a 17 couple of weeks ago that was way skinny looked half as good as that!. Did you get it on scales?
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 11:00pm
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by scullapint scullapint wrote:

Only 20??? I grabbed a 17 couple of weeks ago that was way skinny looked half as good as that!. Did you get it on scales?
true....looks more like 25 from here.......good condition too.Wink
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote robdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 5:53am
robdunk View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

It was weighed and put back, was actually quite a short fat fish, caught a 25kg fish back in November prospecting another new spot and that was definitely bigger.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote robdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 7:13am
robdunk View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I'm sure she was hoping it was a 25'er but impressive catch all the same!