Jet Ski Collars

Page  <123>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 5:05pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Always good to hear that type of response @JFM_Aus - keep us posted on what changes and improvements you are making along the way.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 8:37am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Any updates on the collars?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SkiDudes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 10:00pm
SkiDudes View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I think they you may have my old email. Vodafone desided to dump their email service and it has caused me a few issues.  I'll send them my new one.

No updates.  Still think they are a good concept and pleased to see others are enjoying their collars.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Koza3001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 5:33pm
Koza3001 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey was thinking of purchasing some of these collars. I have a polaris tx virage jetski which isn't a late model but does the job...almost. I need something to keep more stable and for more buoyancy when fishing/ stationary codding not trolling. Can you reccomend this product? Are they universal to any jetski? Once they are fitted has anyone tried water sports with them on? As we currently water ski and wake board, but am thinking they may create too much drag?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SkiDudes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 10:15pm
SkiDudes View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

If the ski has enough grunt to comfortably tow your water skier and/or wake board then the slight extra drag should not be an issue.  The extra stability will probably make for a more enjoyable day on the water.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 11:07pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

If I don't buy a boat this year, the ski will get a makeover and jetski collars will be part of that if the feedback on the new improved version is good.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ecko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 8:36am
Ecko View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

MB into a boat? Would you keep the ski?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 9:27am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Ecko Ecko wrote:

MB into a boat? Would you keep the ski?

That's the plan! I'd love to keep the ski for my short, early morning sessions where I want to get out and back fast. I'd really miss it if it was gone Cry

Boat for family trips, dive trips and longer days on the water. 

All finances and wife dependent! 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ecko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 6:13pm
Ecko View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Fair enough! what are you looking at?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 6:39pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

At the moment, an Innovision 555 hardtop. Maybe something smaller if bank manager and wife don't agree! In that case, either an Innovision or FC centre console.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SkiDudes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 2:27am
SkiDudes View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Like your thinking, I'm doing the same thing getting a boat again and looking to keep the ski. Both just do such different jobs.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ecko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 12:21pm
Ecko View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by MightyBoosh MightyBoosh wrote:

At the moment, an Innovision 555 hardtop. Maybe something smaller if bank manager and wife don't agree! In that case, either an Innovision or FC centre console.

I really like the look of the Innovisions but wasn't overly impressed when I saw them in person at the boat show. Haven't been in one so can't comment. 

A 555 HT would be a great rig though!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Fishski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 7:45am
Fishski View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Awesome to read about someone who has tried these collars and to get personal opinions on them. Was originally planning of getting a set of them but after reading this I have decided to get a set of PODSSKIS (side pods). Have ordered them from Brisbane so will keep an update of how my experience goes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 4:47pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Please keep us posted.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 10:05pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I mentioned these ages ago but didnt get a reply. Been around for a while now. This is one variety. There are the perm ones and the clip on ones. I prefer the pods, as they do away with the need for blocking up the rear entry (easiest place to enter for a diver), they add so much more ie aside from bigger chilly, live bair well, storage, whatever you can imagine. They clip on and off fairly easily, but impossible to unclip on water. Makes the jetski a trimaran I suppose haha.

These are one variant, but they cost a lot more than collars, there is a cheaper and imo better model, I forget its name

https://www.podsski.com/

To be honest if spearfishing, you only need somewhere to put your gun and gear (use an inflatable float and store fish directly to ski) and a fish chilly bag with a few bottles of frozen salt water or make your own bags of salt ice cubes (or pay for it).

If going fishing it probably is less of an issue the rear being blocked up, although I still like the platform the few times I have used a ski. So the collars are a cheaper alternative and spearing as long as the storage as enough space for float and you can strap your gun and fish bag down in the footwell, again the collars come out on top value for money imo.

I imagine it makes turning a bit stiffer op? but for that much more beam you have to expect some trade off.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 1:46pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Any updates on the collars? I was hoping there would be an NZ distributor by now. Cheers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 8:48pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well, I went ahead and bought some collars. Good service from Rico. Good communication and advice. Brackets and fittings are fairly industrial, but they are all hidden away once the collars are fitted. The collars themselves are a little rough round the edges, but super tough. 

Fitting them wasn't quite as easy as Rico makes it looks in the videos due to my own retardedness! A little drama at times, but no total disasters. As has been said, the second side was easier/quicker than the first because you make all the mistakes the first time round! Proof is in the pudding, haven't got them on the water yet.

I have a few tips for anyone thinking of going down this route, let me know if interested. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 3:38pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

First outing today. I would say the collars are a game changer, plain and simple.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cocolococo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 10:00am
cocolococo View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by MightyBoosh MightyBoosh wrote:

First outing today. I would say the collars are a game changer, plain and simple.

Heya mate, anyway to chat with you even just facebook messanger? I am thinking to put the collars on my yamaha vx, just want to get some more feedbacks and informs before i go ahead.

i am in the NZ Jetskifishing Community Closed Group on facebook page.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 2:01pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi. I don't do facebook, sorry. Happy to chat on the forum here, or via PM. I'm online a lot of the time. In the meantime, I've been out with the collars a few times now and recommend them.

Page  <123>