Selling my jetski, what to get next??

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Selling my jetski, what to get next??
    Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 5:35pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

New video up on youtube, decided the time has come to sell the jetski with the hours and age getting up there

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SkiDudes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 6:51pm
SkiDudes View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Can't go wrong with any of the three main brands offerings can you? Just a matter of brand preference or specific features that you have become used to. 
I'm loving the FXHO (2018) especially the ride feature and cruise assist along with the range, handling and power, but I'm sure there are Sea doo and Kawasaki owners just as happy with their machines.

Only issue I have is having to go to town while it's under warrantee for servicing as no one in Pukekohe/Franklin is an authorised Wave runner service centre to my knowledge.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 7:52pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Exciting stuff! Beard gone, jetski gone!

Is it going to be a new ski, or will it be GC Boat Fishing? LOL

Is the Fish Pro going to be the replacement Wink 

I'm tempted by the Fish Pro myself, but would miss the windshield I've had fitted on the Boosh. Can't really see a way to do it on the Pro Fish. It was hard enough on the FXHO.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 8:50pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by SkiDudes SkiDudes wrote:

Can't go wrong with any of the three main brands offerings can you? Just a matter of brand preference or specific features that you have become used to. 
I'm loving the FXHO (2018) especially the ride feature and cruise assist along with the range, handling and power, but I'm sure there are Sea doo and Kawasaki owners just as happy with their machines.

Only issue I have is having to go to town while it's under warrantee for servicing as no one in Pukekohe/Franklin is an authorised Wave runner service centre to my knowledge.

Dude contact Kevin (Ski MD) he come to you... and is authorized to work on most models.
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 8:52pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Come on Coxie spill the beans... what you going to next??
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 9:08pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

It will be another jetski... thats all I am going to say for now :)

PE Pete - I'm having a ball with this, everyone is hassling me begging to know what i'm getting next, great fun :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 9:10pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Mightyboosh - that windshield looks interesting... do you have anymore pics? do you struggle with visibility at all? I can definately see the benefits of having it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 10:23pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Here you go: 

I like it. Takes away the worst part of ski fishing for me which is the unexpected bucket of cold water in the face every now and then. Summer OK, not so much in winter. It does fog on early mornings. I either rinse it off with a water bottle, or stand up and look over it. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 8:41am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Grounded for a while ?
The lowrance go with it?
 Did it/ does it have navionics maps?
 I did notice on the gps, coming down from hoods you where still on land.. with my map updates it now shows the channel when zoomed in about that level.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 12:19pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah the Lowrance went with it... although unfortunately for the new owner I deleted all my maps and trails. Yes the river has never really been mapped out well on that map card, will be interesting to see if the new one is any different
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 5:06pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You have a new sounder already? know you where talking about it..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 6:59pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Have a new sounder sorted yes :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 7:52pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by coxie coxie wrote:

PE Pete - I'm having a ball with this, everyone is hassling me begging to know what i'm getting next, great fun :)

I'll bite. I'm not a jet ski angler, and your brethren who zoom around inside 200m of shore and breaking all sorts of other maritime rules at Eastern Beach drive me nuts (NUTS!), but PE Pete is a nice guy and you seem like one too, I enjoy the vids.

So my prediction logic and assumptions are: 
1. you are getting well-deserved help via a sponsored ski
2. Andrew Hill is already heavily promoting the Seadoo FishPro on hi s channel
3. Jetski Fishing Channel dude is (or was, is he still doing new stuff?) promoting Yamaha
4. so that leaves...what, Kawasaki?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 8:08pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by The Tamure Kid The Tamure Kid wrote:

Originally posted by coxie coxie wrote:

I'll bite. I'm not a jet ski angler, and your brethren who zoom around inside 200m of shore and breaking all sorts of other maritime rules at Eastern Beach drive me nuts (NUTS!), but PE Pete is a nice guy and you seem like one too, I enjoy the vids.

So my prediction logic and assumptions are: 
1. you are getting well-deserved help via a sponsored ski
2. Andrew Hill is already heavily promoting the Seadoo FishPro on hi s channel
3. Jetski Fishing Channel dude is (or was, is he still doing new stuff?) promoting Yamaha
4. so that leaves...what, Kawasaki?

Good to see a bit of logic going into a guess!
Kawasaki I feel have really fallen behind the 8 ball in the jetski fishing game... I'm on a jetski fishing facebook page where a poll was run recently to see what percentages of people owned what brands Seadoo and Yamaha were even at around 150 votes each, and kawasaki had under 5 votes, so out of 300 odd people a mere 1 or 2% own kawasakis.

They have released a ski setup for fishing late last year (actually see it advertised on this website) but I feel their marketing is near non-existant and they are going to have to up thier game if they want to compete with yamaha and seadoo
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 8:54pm
Titanium
Titanium

So much for my logic, then!! Haha.

I'm sure you've got something in the bag, mate. But if not it sounds like you are just the man to work with Kawasaki to revamp their game - I see a great business proposal for them to work with you on a project ski and get heaps of gold exposure on the GC channel!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:10pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by The Tamure Kid The Tamure Kid wrote:

I'll bite. I'm not a jet ski angler, and your brethren who zoom around inside 200m of shore and breaking all sorts of other maritime rules at Eastern Beach drive me nuts (NUTS!)

Honestly, I think jetski fishermen are a different breed from those idiots, but I see why jet skis have such a bad reputation. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:32pm
Titanium
Titanium

No argument from me, MB. Whenever I've seen jet ski fishos out and about they are keeping to the rules as much as the next guy/girl in a boat. There are plenty of idiot boaties too, as we've seen on the Captain Morgan forum.
This time of the year certainly brings out the non fishing morons on the jet skis, though. No-one policing it where I live, unfortunately. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Tinfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 10:42am
Tinfish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

We picked up the new Sea-Doo fishpro last Friday and put just over 3 hours on it over the weekend.Compared to the Waverunner we had previously, this machine is a weapon! Very happy with the handling and stability at rest and the sounder built in at the factory is a good feature. Now we just need to blood it this coming weekend...
Stand up to be seen, speak up to be heard. BUT shut up to be appreciated.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:24pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

What year/model waverunner did you have before Tinfish?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 10:46pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I'm guessing a (partially) sponsored ride too. I reckon a Sea Doo Fish Pro a good match for the flash new look Coxie! Thumbs Up
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Page  12>