LOWRANCE HDS FREE UPGRADE

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 5:51pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Perhaps you don't have downscan on. Click your PAGE button at top, then touch STRUCTURE SCAN. This opens menu options.You should have LEFT/RIGHT option about halfway down the menu. Touch this and more options are shown. The one you want is the last DOWN. Touch this and your structure scan converts to down scan. You can then touch this and you should see a FISH REVEAL option. Touch this and you are in fish reveal in down scan. Fish reveal only works in down scan. To turn it of touch fish reveal again and it will turn off.
Wish you luck...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 6:17pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Right - found it - thanks.
So it only works for the 455-800 transducer option?
I only have a 50/200 transducer. I can't find it in that option - but if I do as you say, I can find it and turn it on. The only prob is I don't have that transducer.
I am presuming you have a side scan transducer?
I'm guessing it is not going to help me find fish at 350m. Oh well, filled in a day.
Thanks for the help.
Regards
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 6:49pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Not a problem. At least you know a little more about your fish finder Smile

Yeah have skimmer HDI XDCR 50/200 &455/800KHZ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 7:07pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The Lowrance website doesn't seem very helpful in that regard. Searched all around it.  Could not find any general info on the upgrade, nor on u tube or other fishing forums.
Got more useful info from yourself.
thanks
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 7:50pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah I found their manual left out a lot of info you really need.

Glad I could help a little
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 7:56pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I sorted ended up getting lost.. several resets caused screwed up 
I brought mine about 6 mths ago.. upgrade from a eile 5
installed, booted up, set basic parameters less than 300 Ft ..etc
Set to the normal scan and down scan..no map and have a look
Things where quite a bit more clear.. and the down scan was surprisingly clear.Wink
So then turned on  the side scan...
 This thread come up and after the video decided to check mine...no fish revel options..
Yet there is a addendum  paper in the box that talks about it.
cant find the setting.. re set ..still no update  reset all the stuff.. wireless  etc..
Nope not there..but my option to drop down scan into a new option window was not there....hmmm
Go thru every setting  and eventually find where you choose the downscan option...turned it on .. and presto there is fish revel..and its turned on by default..
But down scan must be chosen
And that is why I was rather impressed with the change between the elite 5 and the ti 7.

And a couple of the posts above lead me in the right direction..Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 8:17pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good one. Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 8:32am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good one. Smile

Hmmm ????
good out come all of the above was over 3 or 4 days, bit here bit there, very frustrating from my own messing around.
But found a few other interesting bits in pieces 

Critical thing.. make sure  it is set to down scan.. not side scan (if have it) If it ias not then the revel will not show up...
As per  post further back...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 700 LTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 12:21pm
700 LTR View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I hooked my elite 9 Ti up to the wifi at home, downloaded the latest update reset the unit and its working fine, took all of about 10mins. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FarmerBrowne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 12:54pm
FarmerBrowne View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

have upgraded my software a few months back and use downscan with fish reveal quite a bit.

I took some piccys whilst on the lake this week to detail the difference

left screen is standard sonar 83 khz with structure scan on the right side.

You will note the greater structure detail of the rock out crops on structure scan which show up as mounds on the standard sonar screen.

The fish are essentially the same pictures from the sonar overlaid on the structure scan.  You also end up with the lake surface as interpreted by the sonar overlaid on the structure scan picture.

In the top piccy you can see the smelt layer on sonar but this does not show up so well on structure scan.

One trout at the bottom of the smelt layer does show on the structure scan.

Overall I am impressed with this detail of both structure and having the fish revealed well on structure scan.

I should have had downscan on two seperate screens and seen what sort of difference there is between having fish reveal on versus standard downscan.  I will try that next time I get out.
Page  <12