New Thunnus 4K clicking retrieve

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ecko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Thunnus 4K clicking retrieve
    Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 3:08pm
Ecko View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi everyone
Prior to returning this to the retailer I'll check here.

It's a new Thunnus 4000.
Problem is resistance in a small part of each crank of the handle and makes a click noise.

Feels as though the spool is crooked but can't see how it would be.

Any ideas?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote swordfishsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 4:45pm
swordfishsteve View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Ok I think it best for you to send it back to your retailer for a warranty claim, dont' go looking inside as this will invalidate your warranty, could be many things causing this issue, up to you of course. I cant stop DIY , cheers swordfishsteve
REEL REPAIR GUY - Swordfishsteve, That Is Who I Am and That is What I Do : See More At :www.reelrepairguy.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ecko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 7:06pm
Ecko View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Cheers Steve I think that'll be the go
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 7:29am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

As above.
 At a guess I would say that the gear and main cog are not aligned up exactly right ...
There is a dot on the gear edge that needs to be lined up .. to the exact position.. 1 tooth out and you will feel it.
 Using like that and the smoothness of the wind will disappear..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John_Ra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 9:38am
John_Ra View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

when a top reel repair guy advises send it back.
Sound advise... Do it...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ecko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 12:22pm
Ecko View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Replaced without question by marine deals. Easy!