how to catch broadbill at night

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Dogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to catch broadbill at night
    Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 3:55pm
Big Dogg View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

hi guys
I am hoping to get a shot at a broadbill over january out from tutukaka and was wondering if anyone here would be able to share some tips and techniques on rigs and where to find them i will be doing some night drifts for them, is it possible to run 3 rods or is that to much?
Thanks!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote the demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 9:08pm
the demon View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Do a search on here first from previous stuff , go to the hole out the back of the knights .
One big bait down deep , better to go in the day as they are there and like big baits in the day too. If you havnt tied a broady rig before just buy one as you dont do it every day .
Getting your rig down is a topic in its self .I scored some nice 5kg sach weights out of a villa . Torpedo in shape and they work a treat ,no tangles .
Your fish finder needs to be top notch to find bait , side of the hole . not the be all end all though .
 good luck
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 2:06am
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Deep during the day, shallow at night. 
 Read a bit about their habits and youll have an understanding of where you are likely to find them.  
"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Roofless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 8:35pm
Roofless View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

At night you can run 2 rods but if its ya first time not recommended, what you do is put the first one down 30 meters attach a balloon and then let it out say another 50 meters then drop the second bait down straight down off the back of the boat with a small sinker to hold it down, like whats been said having a good sounder to find deep bait is the key ,daytime swording more fun just 1 bait down real deep ive never gone swording on the eastcoast only west but its fun exhausting and sometimes painful but worth it good luck tasty critters they are