Lethal lure

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lethal lure
    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 5:05pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I came across a lethal lure still in its packet in a mates deceased fathers garage that is due to be demolished.

Is there interest from anyone for me to ask him to save it from the bin.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 5:56pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by MATTOO MATTOO wrote:

I came across a lethal lure still in its packet in a mates deceased fathers garage that is due to be demolished.

Is there interest from anyone for me to ask him to save it from the bin.

Wonder if he would consider donating it to the forum as a prize for some type of competion in the combined name of his dad & the inventor/maker the late Eric Morman aka  on the forum as Lethal.

If so, subject to the respective families' approval I would be happy to cover the cost of mounting & engraving.
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 7:43pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Interesting proposal Bazza,
I'll make the inquiry.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 7:54pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Lethal's work good on Kingi's at Kaipara entrance...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 7:46am
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

By coincidence, clearing out the garage on last week's wet weekend came across this.  Hooks presumably rusted away decades ago.  Its been round the world with me.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 10:24am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I also have a lethal lure unused in it's packet.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 7:08pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Unused???  Mine used to get some punishment...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 11:12pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by brmbrm brmbrm wrote:

By coincidence, clearing out the garage on last week's wet weekend came across this.  Hooks presumably rusted away decades ago.  Its been round the world with me.

Pretty sure that is a Grim Reaper lure from the same era

Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 2:48pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

My biggest puka was caught on a green/yellow Lethal lure at the 3 Kings!
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 7:09pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well Bazza,
I have secured the lure.
The executors have given it to me to pass on with the understanding you follow through with your proposal.
If your in agreement it will be passed onto you.

Thanks for the great solution.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 8:01pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'll put the one I've got up for a prize aswell, probably on the Allblacks thread next season.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 8:27pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Fishb8 Fishb8 wrote:

Was it this one? Your's if you want it. Is the pink one of Eric's too? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 8:53pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by MATTOO MATTOO wrote:

Well Bazza,
I have secured the lure.
The executors have given it to me to pass on with the understSpecial Charactersanding you follow through with your proposal.
If your in agreement it will be passed onto you.

Thanks for the great solution.

OK .... all good. Have been out fishing today & am about to go white baiting tomorrow which is the last day of the season.

Consequently am rather tired so will be in touch via the forum in a couple of days time.

Cheers Barry

When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 7:12am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by krow krow wrote:

Originally posted by Fishb8 Fishb8 wrote:

Was it this one? Your's if you want it. Is the pink one of Eric's too? 
Yes, that middle one was the lure. We fished off the Easternmost island at 3 K at about 80 metres. Thought I'd snagged the bottom then eventually got some line back and skipper called it for a big kingie. Fought like hell and to everyone's surprise it was a 35 kg puka!
The pink one doesn't look like a Lethal lure. Sure, I'll have it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 7:40am
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Roy I am pretty sure that middle one is a Grim Reaper. Here is an old thread on Lethal Lures. The lethal lures did not typically have that scaly pattern http://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/hey-lethal-remember-these_topic79794.html
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 8:54pm
the demon View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

remember buying one off my old mate the late Hunty . Miss the little cobber .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 4:09pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Marligator Marligator wrote:

Roy I am pretty sure that middle one is a Grim Reaper. Here is an old thread on Lethal Lures. The lethal lures did not typically have that scaly pattern http://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/hey-lethal-remember-these_topic79794.html
Yes it is a Grim Reaper. I don't think any of those 3 are Lethal's
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 6:38am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well it must have been a Grim Reaper in same colour as that middle one I got my puka on.
Had a good few kingies on a silver Grim Reaper, too
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 7:41am
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

yeah those are grim reapers.

I have a few well used lethal lures at home. They are classics. Might have to bring them out again for under the workups this summer.
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tonto2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 7:48am
Page  12>