Equalled My PB - Kingfish

Post Options Post Options   Likes (8) Likes(8)   Quote robdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Equalled My PB - Kingfish
    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 7:46am
robdunk View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Took the day off work on Friday to try out a new kingfish spot x.
Was a solo mission with an early start to catch the lives before setting up on the outgoing tide.
Hadn't fished the spot before and so wasn't expecting much, more of an exploration. The conditions were perfect so was great just to be out fishing and not working.
Had fished most of the outgoing tide with not a single enquiry, had a good burley trail going and with about an hour to go until low tide my two lives were getting tired, needed some new ones!
Luckily half a dozen or more perfect sized kawahai had turned up in the burley managed to hook a couple and put them out on my two lines, within 20mins one of my baits was quickly harassed and it was all on!!!
Took me around the boat once, luckily over the anchor rope! Fought for 5min sat on the bow trying to get this thing to stop pulling line!, managed to get back around to the back of the boat to get my second line in and everything else clear for an amazing fight! Everything was locked up and she was still able to pull plenty of string was sure about getting busted off. (Only in 6m)
Fish was about 20-30 out from the boat and I could see two large fish as one was tailing the one I had hooked so couldnt really get a grasp of how big it was.
Finally after 15min of hurt for me, stella, and the fish she tired and I got her to the side of the boat, which is when I realised this was a potential PB, not counting my chickens I was still bricking it as I hadn't landed this thing yet and being on my own made it even more intense, circle hook had set well though and I managed to lift in a PB equalling fish.
Totally amped up headed decided to cruise back in for a weigh and Skyte to mates, went bang on 25kg on the scales at KKBBC.

Day of smoking today!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 8:02am
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great fish! Well done.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 8:07am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great Read robdunk! awesome Kingi! Liked....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote robdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 8:29am
robdunk View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks Geoff, looks like you had a good trip too!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 12:56pm
The cook View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice fish that, particularly in shallow water
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:04pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

👍 Well done! 👍
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:09pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

What a great result.
That's a new spot to work if the fish are that size in shallow water.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishaholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 9:03pm
Fishaholics View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Sounds like a mean day..still waiting to catch my dream fish the kingy...awsome fish mate..very jelous..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote robdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 6:10am
robdunk View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

The kingies are there fishaholics, you just need to solely target them when you head out and be prepared with your gear and knots as you never know when fish like this will come along
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 6:21am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Awesome fish from shallow water. Well doneThumbs Up
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote out2sea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 11:34am
out2sea View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice fish from the Gulf. Been seeing a few around lately but mostly rats. Good effort to pull that one out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote robdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 8:22pm
robdunk View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Spot paid off looking to try another likely spot this weekend will see what shows up. Thanks for all coments
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 8:28pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice fish Robdunk, 25kg is a solid kingy.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.