Contact List

Page  <12345 35>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2003 at 4:13pm
Dio View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

smudge

I wish it was this weekend i'm not sure if i can wait that long!tell us about your trip smudge?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2003 at 5:02pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I have been out on Cova Rose twice. First was in September 2001, we got the usual Hapuka and stuff. I got wasted by a monster king on 24kg ..... well it felt pretty big.... at the Volkners. Scott Hollis Johns was the deckie, he is a legend! But he got a real job.  The second trip was in March ....round about then of this year. We spent the first night trying to catch livies with no luck in trhe shelter of White Island. There were gale force winds of around 60 kn... We were trying to catch livies but all we could get were flying fish (netted) sharks and kingies. I stayed up most of the night catching them ... mainly only around 10 kg on light gear. The bigger ones would get eaten by sharks. Plenty of bluenose, hapuka, gemfish caught the next day. Got a few skippies and an albacore, nothing real big but it was great. You get really well looked after on that boat. The skipper was a canadian guy filling in for Lance.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2003 at 5:03pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Ohhh dont leave your Black Magic Equalizer and harness at home.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2003 at 5:36pm
Dio View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Cheers for your story smudge yes i will take my Black Magic Equalizer, harness, my Shimano 50w with 24 kg standup rod also TLD 30 with stand up rod reloaded with 24kg .Would that be a good choice of gear at this time of year?

Would you recommend buying the puka rigs of them or making your own ledger type rig? If you recommend making my own can you tell me what the rigs consist of eg. hook size, nylon strength etc .

$200 per head with food , hope its good food . I'm sure it is.

dio

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2003 at 9:57pm
CanadianJohn View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

ross , thanks, lots of info there.

dio, yeah, please let me know how it goes. i have heard nothing but good  things about cova rosa and look forward to hearing about your trip.

cheers john

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2003 at 8:29pm
CanadianJohn View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

by the way, if anyones interested cova rosa has spots left for an overnighter on queens birthday weekend to white island, leaving saturday coming back sunday.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2003 at 10:11am
alan View Drop Down
New User
New User

sounds like a great idea you guys are setting up.

what could be better than sharing that lovely feeling of seasickness

with someone who hasnt experienced it before

have been doing a simular thing on the site i visit here in sth. aust.

i have taken a couple of guys out but the fishin is not the best over here at the moment.a group of guys from the site are off on a road trip to browns beach this weekend to try for some salmon{your kahawai}will let you know if we catch heaps

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2003 at 5:09pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

OK...
Anyone gonna be around Coromandel this weekend...Coro town side?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snapatak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2003 at 8:19am
Snapatak View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi there, I'm just putting my feelers out to see if anyone is interested.

I have a section at Wellington's bay (tutukaka), there is a old 20ft caravan on the site, it's abit rough but is a good base for a fishing hoiliday. It has power, water (hot and cold), a shower etc.

I used to spend alot of time there myself but with getting married and our frist on the way time is not on my side. So the place gets alittle run down with nobody there.

What I would like is if anyone is interested please e-mail me at [email protected] .

Cheers

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lalandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2003 at 9:09am
lalandi View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Interested in????

buying?

renting?

sprucing up?

or using????

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2003 at 9:33am
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

those are my questions as well....
I am Kermit, Leader of Muppets Nov 05
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snapatak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2003 at 11:06am
Snapatak View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Sorry about that guys. I only want to rent it.

Ialandi you hit the nail on the head, renting and sprucing up. It's not like some flash caravan park but would suit some fishermen fishing the toot area or pasting through. there's off road parking and a turn around area for a boat. Heaps of room. But the grass is long and needs a good clean up. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2003 at 12:48am
Jo. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Is anyone doing the Kapiti Sports Fishing Club closed comp? If so got a spare spot on the boat, will share gas etc, bake (you know that homemade stuff) and provide frozen bait (I have about 30kg assorted in the freezer). Let me know huh?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote swanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2003 at 3:25pm
swanie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Quote: Originally posted by swanie on 22 April 2003

Hi Folks, Another wonderful forum!, I, like many others are not in the realms of boat owners ( have to by my wife a house first) although I am an enthusiastic deckie. I consider myself reasonably proficient at boat handling, anchoring, turning up on time, sharing costs and the clean up, and as a bonus, I catch my share of fish and don't borrow tackle. I work shiftwork and am often off during the week and always keen for a new experience. I always bring enough bait and burley for two trips. Anyone keen for a hand drop me a line.

Changed my address and Ph. Now in Mission Bay. Ph 021 168-7959 or 521-7251

Cheers Swanie  

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lalandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2003 at 3:38pm
lalandi View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I can vouch for all the above qualities... Swanie is a good man to have on board.

(soon mate...)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishnutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2003 at 1:18pm
fishnutz View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Excellent Forum  !!

I have a slightly bigger boat and normally always have some spare room. Also really need at least 2 people to manage it and it gets very frustrating when I desperately want to go for a fish or a dive and can't find anyone who wants to come along.

I know this is an old forum but, if anyone is managing it and sees this, please add me to the PM list or whatever you use (I have only just found this site so not familiar with how it works yet).

Also keen to do some mid week trips esp. over summer. Anyone keen on fishing and/or diving and maybe some overnight trips as well. Split costs of fuel, bait, etc.

Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ChrisW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2003 at 2:16pm
ChrisW View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Hey D, where do you come from?
give it death!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2003 at 2:20pm
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

how did I miss the post from "D"?

......welcome onboard!...tell us more about the type of fishing you do and loccations etc etc
I am Kermit, Leader of Muppets Nov 05
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dead Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2003 at 4:42pm
Dead Ant View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Watch out for D,
   He is a no-good, low down dedicated Aucklander who forces people to drink Black Heart Rum.    Hopefully he'll fill in the rest.
     CHeers
        DA
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishnutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2003 at 10:52am
fishnutz View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Has anyone else seen Dead Ant drunk ? It's quite a funny sight.... Don't go blaming me for all the Black Heart Rums you were scoring off the Black Heart girls at  Furuno DA....

I'm sure your still sore from the ass whipping you got from being out fished by me at the Furuno...

In answer to Q's.

Normally fish for Snapper, Kingfish etc. anywhere in the Waitemata / Hauraki area as boat is Moored down at OBC. Basically anywhere from Sandspit to Gt Barrier to Coromandel peninsula depending on if it is an overnight trip or day trip.

Also into scuba diving and try to fit one of these in with the daily fishing when possible. Been fishing these areas for many years and have some regular spots ( X ) for diving and fishing. I believe in splitting the catch as fairly as possible so everyone takes something home with them (including the crayfish) so as an example if 4 guys go out and catch 4 crayfish and 12 snapper, they each take home a crayfish and 3 snapper. In saying that though - I also believe in splitting all the costs fairly as Fishing is can be expensive.

Looking for people to share petrol and bait costs and also help clean up afterwards.

Page  <12345 35>