Quick Monday afternoon targetting Trevally

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quick Monday afternoon targetting Trevally
    Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 7:57pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

A quick session down the Waikato river targetting Trevally

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 9:42pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Good honest report Coxie, always like your work. Vocals improving too. 
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 10:04pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks Smudge. It can be very hit and miss down there with the trevs, I think I was a bit late this time and just missed them. I'll get em next time though
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 10:22pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Making the best of bad weather Thumbs Up I should probably do more fishing in Whangarei Harbour when it's no good outside, just don't enjoy it very much for some reason. 

What depth did you catch the trev in?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 10:43pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The harbours/rivers can have some really good fishing, but it generally takes a bit more trial and error to figure out where the fish are, can also be quite dependant on the time of year too. I caught that trev in about 3m, have caught them in even less though, they aren't shy of shallow water
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CrayZfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 10:20am
CrayZfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by coxie coxie wrote:

The harbours/rivers can have some really good fishing, but it generally takes a bit more trial and error to figure out where the fish are, can also be quite dependant on the time of year too. I caught that trev in about 3m, have caught them in even less though, they aren't shy of shallow water

Hi Coxie.
I have not targeted Trevs there myself but i would like to hear how you go on the outgoing tide, up near the shellfish beds as my whanau used to clean up in the shallows back in the day (netting) about half tide out when they would mass exit the beds.

Interested to know how you get on, maybe ill try it myself one day too.

Why choose either diving or fishing when you can do both. Besides crayfish tail is very good bait!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 12:41pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Crayzyfish, are you talking about down the river mouth? Which shellfish beds are you talking about? I know there is one where I fish as I have pulled up pipis on my hook before but I have found the outgoing tide to be dead when fishing, incoming much better.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CrayZfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 12:43pm
CrayZfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Coxie Ill PM you
Why choose either diving or fishing when you can do both. Besides crayfish tail is very good bait!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 5:34pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Got to love how you load the jet ski on the trailer..
 Thought my drill on the winch for loading the boat was good.
Thats beats everything...

Again another informative video..
except the jetski loading .. still trying to figure that out...Wink