New Shimano Surf Reel, With Baitrunner

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tonyg26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Shimano Surf Reel, With Baitrunner
    Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 2:31pm
Tonyg26 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thoughts?

im in the market for a new surf reel.
All my gear is shimano and for some reason i wana try okuma or diawa, any other suggestions?
http://www.waikatosportfishing.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rock Stomper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 12:30pm
Rock Stomper View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

This reel looks awesome.
I bought the baitrunner 12000D for livebaiting and have not regretted it, can only imagine this would be even better.
Mine is so smooth, casts well AND handles beasty kingies with ease.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 12:59pm
jac View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Seriously looked at one of these myself.
Decent amount of drag and a long cast spool.
Bit put off by the CI4.
While it makes the reel light it is also sacrificing robustness as I've found out with the Thunnus model esp off the rocks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote like_to_strike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 5:03pm
like_to_strike View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Curious as to the need for baitrunner on a surf reel, is it so its more of a multi purpose reel or does the baitrunner have a use when surf casting?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 0nlanders_Nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 5:19pm
0nlanders_Nz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Shimano bigbaitcaster xtb meaniest sirf casting reel cheers onlanders