Land based beauty

Post Options Post Options   Likes (10) Likes(10)   Quote Gatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Land based beauty
    Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 9:21am
Gatt View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Got this beauty off the reef between Rothesay Bay and Murrays Bay on Wednesday a.m. Was a cold morning with biting southerly wind and I was tempted to leave as soon as I got there. However, stuck it out and after landing a (smaller) pannie with my 2nd cast managed to land this 74cm snap with my next cast after a bit of a tussle through the foul. Measured up and released with much satisfaction as my philosophy is not to keep snaps over 50cm.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 9:49am
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well done Gatt and good on you for releasing. I remember that area, fished there a wee bit off the shore many moons ago.
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ROCKSTARS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 3:04pm
ROCKSTARS View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Great looking fish, well done on landing and releasing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 3:20pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cracker well done!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 4:43am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice Gatt! well done on release, liked....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 7:41am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Great effort!
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 8:11am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That’s a fantastic result!!
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 8:36am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good solid snap off the rocks Gatt.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 9:06am
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good on you - good to put a breeder back like that may he/she have many more!

Amazing how they thrive so close to the city....
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Far Quirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 1:58pm
Far Quirk View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Nice work Gatt.  Fortitude to stay out there, and well done to release the biggun.  Liked.
Far Quirk - I'm goin' fishn!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Gatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 3:04pm
Gatt View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks for nice comments. I am passionate about fishing but also doing my part to not kill the resources. I try not to fish the same place too often (from rocks). Some try their best to wipe out an entire bait fish population in a small area by fishing there day after day (Black Rocks at Milford used to have heaps of piper). Likewise , with larger fish, once having caught a few of them, the thrill for me after the fight, is in releasing , not eating. I do however appreciate that some are fishing purely to put food on the table, so hope I do not come across as sanctimonious or self righteous (had to look those words up.Geek)