Auckland advice

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bricker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Auckland advice
    Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 11:27pm
bricker View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Heading to the Super City on Sunday as a taxi for kids' sports.......and as it's only a training weekend, thought I'd drag the boat along and take advantage of the awesome forecast and wet a line. Drop off the kids at 9am in Newmarket ........so where's the best ramp to head to from there? Need to be back at Auckland Grammar for 3pm so there's a few hours to play with!!

Any advice on where to head - all thoughts gratefully received as I'll be armed with the trusty "Spot X" guide but precious little else other than a modicum of common sense.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote IceBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 12:11pm
IceBear View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Forecast does look good. Just be careful with traffic etc. if it was me I would use the ramp at Westhaven. Lots of parking, easy route from Newmarket and back. Harbour speed limit is 12-knots so keep that in mind until you pass North Head. Plenty of fishing near Rangitoto, in the Motutapu channel, and around Motuihe. Just look for other boats there will be plenty out.

With your timing I’d stay close, and either pick western side Rangitoto or western side of Waiheke. Have fun!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bricker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 7:20am
bricker View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks Icebear

Fished my way round Rangitoto with little success but glorious weather. Lots of pickers but no keepers.....reckon I'll stick to Kawhia from now on lol !!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote IceBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 8:00am
IceBear View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Looked like a magic day. I heard lots of people didn’t catch much over the weekend. Glad you made the journey though, when the fish aren’t on just cruising new water is good fun.