Paid for Dogfight!!

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Buzzard001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paid for Dogfight!!
    Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 7:34pm
Buzzard001 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I payed for that 7000DF $1070 Bank transfer i bought on trade me 8 days ago and have not heard anything from him!!!
I have put in a complaint form!!
Still waiting 😥😥
Any one ever had problems like this?
Any advise grateful.
Thanks in advance

Tight lines
Big bait big fish!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Situasian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 9:12pm
Situasian View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Have you checked his feedbacks? If he has a lot of positive feedback especially when selling chances are you will see your reel, maybe delays due to whatever reasons. If new user or has number of negative feedbacks I hope you have the guys details and may be even notify the police if you dont see the reel and cant make contact
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Buzzard001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 9:17pm
Silver
Silver

His feedbacks are all good
Thanks for the advice
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Structfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 10:10pm
Structfab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hope it works out. I saw it, but quickly lost interest when I read "seller does not allow pick-ups"......and reserve seemed far too low. I assume it was that one?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Buzzard001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 8:32am
Silver
Silver

Yeah that's the one.
Thought it would be sweet on trade me!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Billfish2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 12:51pm
Billfish2 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

About 13 years ago, I bought a Penn Inter reel off Trade Me guy did not contact me after sale. Communicated with Trade Me, Police got involved. Got my $ back around 12 months later.
It was a young guy using his fathers account on Trade me hence why the Feedback was all ok.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hlfuture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 8:28pm
hlfuture View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

i have got same issue with other trademe seller, paid then nothing,,sent complaint to trademe,after 3weeks trademe pay back my$$.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 8:47pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just last week had a issue with a trademe purchase that was based overseas- they say they sent it and said once it left their doors it was my problem!!

I contacted trademe and they contacted the company and reviewed their member ship and informed what service meant in NZ. In hours they called me and said they followed up with their courier why product has been held up in Italy for 10 days - a few days later item arrived - gave me faith in dealing with trademe as they backed me all the way.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Robertc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 10:01pm
Robertc View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

this might not be the news you want but the photos of the reel / box that were on the auction and the auction title have been copied straight from an ebay auction 

Hopefully trademe gets to the bottom of it.  A legitimate seller may have had his account compromised 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Buzzard001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 7:55am
Silver
Silver

Thanks for the info guys appreciate it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nodnod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 8:02am
nodnod View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

You tried seeing if Bank can reverse Transfer? They can for certain reasons. I'd give it a go especially for 1k after all it is fraud/theft..

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaimaikid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 8:37am
kaimaikid View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

You should post a link to the auction so that others can steer clear of him and just maybe someone may know him that could help

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CBF-Whk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 9:08am
CBF-Whk View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Go to his feedback page. Golfer bought a couple of beds off him he may have an address for the guy.
CBF
Whk
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 10:52am
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah the entire auction is a straight lift from Ebay, that's really ringing alarm bells for me.

Looking at their feedback they frequently buy fishing gear, so if they were out to rip someone off they would know that a Dogfight was a juicy bit of gear to do it with.

EDIT: If they're just outright not replying to you then yeah, you've almost certainly been ripped off. Prepare for a random stalling message out of the blue saying either:
-It was sent tracked and the couriers have lost it or something, but they either won't supply a tracking number or they'll give you one but it's invalid.
-It was sent without tracking
-They will refund your money

Double edit: Based on some internet digging, the guy is obsessed with cryptocurrency, and is dabbling in a whole ****load of fly-by-night **** ones. I'm going to take a massive speculation that he has pulled a move a bit like a problem gambler; he has used your money to finance a purchase of some dubious cryptocoin on the assumption that he will make $$$$ which he will use to buy you a Saltiga and send it to you, but his cunning plan has all gone to **** and your money is gone. Note that this is furious speculation.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaimaikid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 11:23am
kaimaikid View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Just track him down via facebook

He has links to his girlfriend and brother on there
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 1:11pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Rozboon Rozboon wrote:

Double edit: Based on some internet digging, the guy is obsessed with cryptocurrency, and is dabbling in a whole ****load of fly-by-night **** ones. I'm going to take a massive speculation that he has pulled a move a bit like a problem gambler; he has used your money to finance a purchase of some dubious cryptocoin on the assumption that he will make $$$$ which he will use to buy you a Saltiga and send it to you, but his cunning plan has all gone to **** and your money is gone. Note that this is furious speculation.

I have to admit that's what I thought when I saw his FB profile that someone posted.  If he believes half of what he's posted then he isn't the sharpest knife in the box -or he's just an out and out con man.

On the plus side I believe that the police and Trademe take fraud on the site pretty seriously, so you might see your money back somehow.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 4:10pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I got ripped off in a similar way on Trade Me, guy was a crackhead who used money for P. This guy could be the same, already told Buzzard this.

Eventually the police got involved and it took over a year but I eventually got money back.

I would not trust Trade Me again, they need a go between payment system. 

I think the big thing to avoid is Seller Does Not Allow Pick Up options and if you are going to drop that much cash maybe you find a way of doing it in person on collection. Also don't be fooled by photo's of new gear off the internet.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MarkE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 7:08pm
MarkE View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

I would not trust Trade Me again, they need a go between payment system. 

They do.  I always use Ping for larger purchases. if you pay via bank transfer your'e screwed if it turns pear-shaped.
Sea Strike 18' Centre Console - Under Construction....Build Thread here
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 7:09pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ah cool so that is what it means. Cheers. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Buzzard001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 8:15pm
Silver
Silver

I paid via bank transfer!!
Spoke to the police today and they said trade me will return my money and ban him from trade me!!!
Cheers guys for your help you lot would make great detectives.

Hold on tight its a big one!!!
Page  12>