Carrots Off the Bays

Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote MJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carrots Off the Bays
    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 5:52pm
MJ View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

It has been quite a while since I posted on the forum, but today's effort off the Auckland East Coast Bays I think is worth a mention.

Launched mid morning and parked up on anchor in the same spot for about 4 hours. There were plenty of kahawai about (I think I threw back 7 or 8) plus a couple of dogfish. A few snaps here and there too, but the main menu item was gurnard. Came back with 10 in the end and they were still biting when I decided the bin was full enough. 3 nice fisheries officers on the job too back at the beach (Waiake) who wanted to check the catch. All good. Here's the evidence:

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 5:58pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Very nice was the outgoing tide better for you?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Keith C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 10:50pm
Keith C View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice catch Paul
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 8:15am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cool Report MJ! Nice Feed....Liked
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 8:29am
MJ View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cheers guys. Outgoing produced the better results Muppet but they were biting on the incoming too and a couple caught at slack water.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 8:42am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah had the same MJ.