Ultimate Fishing Show

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ultimate Fishing Show
    Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 8:02pm
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Prime has advertised Matt Watsons Ultimate Fishing Show as a new series for the season. Disppointed to have watched the first two episodes only to see that they are in fact repeats and tonights one looks to be the same.
Anyone else noticed this as well.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RAMCO600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 8:10pm
RAMCO600 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yip read the same thing but all repeats
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 8:18pm
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Last season Matt was promoting his Hook Me Up campain where ordinary people got to be on his show, so what happened to this.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote muchalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 8:57pm
muchalls View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Looks like he’s gone hunting instead!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 9:49pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Tzer Tzer wrote:

Last season Matt was promoting his Hook Me Up campain where ordinary people got to be on his show, so what happened to this.

Hook Me Up is a different series to the ITM Fishing Show etc.
I know a young guy with cancer who was chosen for Hook Me Up and his episode was filmed last summer, for a series that's due to screen late this year I believe. It was a huge boost for him. I'm not a fan of Matt's more antic-driven stuff, but I respect him for his work ethic and the way he involved some deserving people in Hook Me Up.

I'm not aware of his Ultimate Fishing Show, but many series on Prime have already been screened on their parent company, Sky. Doesn't stop them saying "All new XYZ tonight on Prime". It's new to Prime, but not TV full stop.

There's a long lead time with TV shows for a range of reasons.
The BAF guys, and the Fishing & Adventure guys are the same. I've seen the F&A guys coming back in at Half Moon Bay in summer, and the show hasn't appeared on screen for months and months.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phantom Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 9:50am
Phantom Menace View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yep, it has a lot to do with production effort, timing and getting the right stuff recorded to make an episode.  E.g. They might have several good days out to get different episodes filmed then do a batch of editing etc.

E.g. I was asked to be interviewed for a spearfishing podcast last year.  The podcast comes out every fortnight but the guys do five interviews in one day and editing etc. is all done in blocks.  And they may well change the order of broadcast round etc.  The podcast episode with my interview wasn't released for abut 5 months.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 4:23pm
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by The Tamure Kid The Tamure Kid wrote:

Originally posted by Tzer Tzer wrote:

Hook Me Up is a different series to the ITM Fishing Show etc.
I know a young guy with cancer who was chosen for Hook Me Up and his episode was filmed last summer, for a series that's due to screen late this year I believe. It was a huge boost for him. I'm not a fan of Matt's more antic-driven stuff, but I respect him for his work ethic and the way he involved some deserving people in Hook Me Up.
Im not knocking this expected series as I was quite looking forward to it, when Prime advertised the new programming I naturally though of this.

I'm not aware of his Ultimate Fishing Show, but many series on Prime have already been screened on their parent company, Sky. Doesn't stop them saying "All new XYZ tonight on Prime". It's new to Prime, but not TV full stop.

Yes a lot of his shows are first broadcast on Sky  but Prime advertised this as a new series but in actual fact this has screened before on TV3 I think, so why portray something new when it a repeat not what channel it screened on.
There's a long lead time with TV shows for a range of reasons.
The BAF guys, and the Fishing & Adventure guys are the same. I've seen the F&A guys coming back in at Half Moon Bay in summer, and the show hasn't appeared on screen for months and months.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 6:28pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cause tv3 is dix for that sort of thing.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 7:05pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just go fishing, stuff watching it.