Tow vehicle

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 8:24pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Originally posted by fish-feeder fish-feeder wrote:

Odometer, not speedo. And its usually a Nissan hack, well known to happen on safaris and patrols. Don't ask me how I know.

I know nothing about this .Big smile

Smudge, as always, you lie like a flounder! LOLClap
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 9:15am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

HaHa "Steps" you obviously didnt see highway patrol where the young fella fitted a switch to stop the speedo to avoid paying diesel tax.  

yep saw it, along with other comments.. wasnt a bighorn and from memory a much older analog type vehicle.

I'm sure that you remember I bought a 2107 Ssangyong ute last year. Absolutely love it.
 no
Never felt an engine and Auto transmission feel a smooth as this combo.
The 2L TD has a heap of power for me. And the new one has a bigger engine I believe.
 yes close m8 has a 2L.. thats what IO refer to when comparing different vehicles towing the boat.. his regularly tows the digger and bob cat huge distance around the Nth Island , occasionally as far as ChCh
His comments Were similar also.. his is about a 2012/2013.. there where some serious changes in ssangyongs little before there from Aussie (?) BWarner  to merc transmissions
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 4:43pm
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Family have a towing business at Kerikeri, the most common utes they pick up that have broken down, Foton and Ssangyong, nuff said.
Cheers 
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 4:48pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I know of some Nissan Terrano's that have switches installed to turn the odometer off. Not too nice for next guy.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 5:25pm
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Toyota
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 6:09pm
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by puff puff wrote:

Toyota

70 series.........
"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 6:41pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Titahi Titahi wrote:

Originally posted by puff puff wrote:

Toyota

70 series.........

Now ya talkin.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phantom Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 9:37am
Phantom Menace View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by kitno kitno wrote:

I know of some Nissan Terrano's that have switches installed to turn the odometer off. Not too nice for next guy.

Yep, that's when the vehicle info checks come into their own.  They show the odometer reading every WOF so it becomes obvious when there's something like that happening.

Of course if the seller goes "there's this switch ..." and fesses up then ...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 3:39pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Info checks only show usage,the diesel truck may just be used bugger all as a secondary vehicle. Its pretty easy to see if a diesel has a odo switch in most cases. The sensor is in the gearbox,just trace the wires back into the main loom,and if one of the two wires diverts away then chances are there is a switck or button somewhere.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 8:18pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I recently had the privilege of being handed the keys to a 2016 Landcruiser Troopy. Imported from Australia by a family member and then taken to a 4x4 workshop to be given a 6" lift, 35" tyres, engine chip, ARB bars with winch and many more goodies. The engine being a 4.5ltr diesel V8 turbo intercooled was just awesome. I couldn't help but think how good this would be for towing a big boat. No change out of 90k though!!!
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 9:54pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by kitno kitno wrote:

I recently had the privilege of being handed the keys to a 2016 Landcruiser Troopy. Imported from Australia by a family member and then taken to a 4x4 workshop to be given a 6" lift, 35" tyres, engine chip, ARB bars with winch and many more goodies. The engine being a 4.5ltr diesel V8 turbo intercooled was just awesome. I couldn't help but think how good this would be for towing a big boat. No change out of 90k though!!!
ShockedThumbs Up
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Page  <12