Dual battery Setup

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote matata007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dual battery Setup
    Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 6:35pm
matata007 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Any installation videos for a dual battery setup for a seadoo
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sundancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 12:09am
Sundancer View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Mata.....

don't know about Vids but what are you looking to do specifically??

I have a Starter Battery and a smaller 2nd Battery for all the electronics, Nav Lights, Fishfinder.  GPS and Radio have their own power.

Both have waterproof Battery Tenders to recharge using a single Plug to make it easy.

Second Battery lasts for more than a full day.  The only sketchy issue is that i didn't want to drill into the Hull for a holddown.  with the 2nd Battery being small and light, it is connected to the Main using very strong 'Gorilla' Tape.  Going on the 2nd year and hasn't failed me..  

Steve
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 11:02am
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Which hull? the new T3 hull is a little more cramped.
I am looking to do a twin set up on our RXT-X as well so be keen to hear ideas as well.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sundancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 1:02pm
Sundancer View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Pardon me

'07 SeaDoo GTI
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote matata007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 8:30pm
matata007 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

i have a 2007 gti and have a garmin striker installed so need a second battery to run the sounder
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sundancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 5:41am
Sundancer View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

mata....

great on the GTI..  

again, very ugly install but works..

very strong duct-type tape (black Gorilla Tape if you have it there) wraps the 2nd and Primary Battery together - 5 or more wraps..  

I also have 2 Battery Buddies charging.  Each one charges its own Battery.  I tied the 2 Power Cords to a single Plug to make the Mains connection easier.  

I have the FF and Nav Lights on the 2nd Battery.  GPS and Radio are self-powered, although that might change if i change Radios.

The Lights/FF Connection is through a Block mounted in a 'tupperware' type of Container.  Not completely waterproof, but if it floods, i have bigger issues.  The Block allows connection of other items.  The Block is sprayed with water dispersing spray to control the corrosion.  The Container is held by extra-strong double-sided tape to the floor of the Hull.. 

Nothing has bounced free yet so I am not expecting it to...  if I connect a Radio, i might have to upsize the Battery but as it is, the FF goes all day long without an issue.  

Lights are never used but they are LED's so they shouldn't make a difference on the Battery usage.. 

hope this helps..
Steve
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sundancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 5:46am
Sundancer View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

oh

PS

only real down issue is that I can't use the 2nd to start the Ski if the Primary is down.  

I understand that an ACR solves this, or a normal Dual Battery Switch.  This adds expense and complexity and frankly, i wouldn't know where to mount the Switch..

S