And the winner of the grunter hunter is...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: And the winner of the grunter hunter is...
    Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 6:10pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

OK,who gave the weigh master the rum,explains no catch reports so far. How did everyone get on? Good luck to all that made it to fish it.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 7:06pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Great question FF!

Here is the list of prizewinners:

1st Nathaniel Carrol 1.33kg $3000
2nd Ken McPike 1.24kg $1000
3rd Jack Thomas  1.16kg   $750  Junior
4th WefaKnis 1.15
5th Skoti 1.14
6th Flawone 1.12
7th Arlia Hardwick  1.11
8th Skunk 1.10
9th Jason Philpott 1.09
10th Lily Hilton 1.08 - daughter of Craysee
11th Cody Matthews 1.08
12th Gordon Pryor 1.07
13th Roy Wyatt 1.07
14th Daniel Louis 1.07
15th Richard Alexander 1.06 Sorry I forgot your forum name

Average weight  Dougie13 $500 0.758kg

Just because he likes to show off Skoti went snapper fishing halfway thriough a gurnard only comp nabbing a lovely 7.9kg snapper while his dad got one at 9.4kg or 20.5lbs. Amazing
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 7:08pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Thanks to all anglers, good to catch up with so many from the forums. Thanks also to our great sponsors - Shimano NZ and Franklin Hunting & Fishing!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Far Quirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 7:55pm
Far Quirk View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

How about trying to get the main results and maybe a short vid of the winners on TV1 or TV3 news?  I think pitched the right way, it would be a great "light" item to round out the sports news.

And congrats to the winners.  Very clear win to Nathan Carrol and Skoti woulda been super-chuffed with his day, sneaking off for some very impressive snapper too.

Impressive event - chur!
Far Quirk - I'm goin' fishn!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 8:19pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Snapper is where it's at Thumbs Up
COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 8:48pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

You did very well Skoti, great result& good to see you and your dad in 1st & 2nd in the harbour snapper section Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote FlawOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 10:22pm
FlawOne View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

As always a fantastic event put on by CSFC!

Thanks to all the hard work put in by the crew
and for all the sweet prizes supplied by Hunting & Fishing.

Weather was great and best of all, spots X,Y and Z were all firing for us.

Was a day of 20 grams for us.
20 more grams and my partners Carrot would have won a prize and 20 more grams and I would have leveled with the Grand Weighmaster Snapper Slayer Skoti

Inner City Slayers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 6:26am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Well done! Great effort Flawone!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 10:34am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Mate and I had a blast yesterday. 5 grunters and about 10 large kahawai destined for the smoker. We were out of range of the prizes but still well worth making the trip up. Got to meet Scoti, Skunk and Coxie. Uncle's MacFlasher rig's got us the grunters. Important lesson learnt from my mate: never assume it's a kahawai because it's swimming up current!!! We'll be back next year.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 2:43pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah nice one kitno, nice to meet you and catch up with the boys up there...Skoti , Coxie ,Mars and smudge who i always seem to bump into fishing in my spots
Must say we put a few more hours into our grunter hunt this year for our 10 gurnard.Lucky enough to place 8th this year for a quality Shimano combo.
Congrats to organisers and sponsors and to the winners well represented by f.net members👍.
See yous again next year.
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tonto2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 7:29pm
Tonto2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Great question FF!

Here is the list of prizewinners:

1st Nathaniel Carrol<span style="white-space:pre"> </span>1.33kg <span style="white-space:pre"> </span>$3000
2nd Ken McPike<span style="white-space:pre"> </span>1.24kg<span style="white-space:pre"> </span>$1000
3rd Jack Thomas <span style="white-space:pre"> </span>1.16kg  <span style="white-space:pre"> </span>$750 <span style="white-space:pre"> </span>Junior
4th WefaKnis<spfan style="white-space:pre"> </span>1.15
5th Skoti<span style="white-space:pre"> </span>1.14
6th Flawone<span style="white-space:pre"> </span>1.12
7th Arlia Hardwick <span style="white-space:pre"> </span>1.11
8th Skunk<span style="white-space:pre"> </span>1.10
9th Jason Philpott<span style="white-space:pre"> </span>1.09
10th Lily Hilton<span style="white-space:pre"> </span>1.08 - daughter of Craysee
11th Cody Matthews<span style="white-space:pre"> </span>1.08
12th Gordon Pryor<span style="white-space:pre"> </span>1.07
13th Roy Wyatt<span style="white-space:pre"> </span>1.07
14th Daniel Louis<span style="white-space:pre"> </span>1.07
15th Richard Alexander 1.06 Sorry I forgot your forum name

Average weight <span style="white-space:pre"> </span>Dougie13 $500 0.758kg

Just because he likes to show off Skoti went snapper fishing halfway thriough a gurnard only comp nabbing a lovely 7.9kg snapper while his dad got one at 9.4kg or 20.5lbs. Amazing

Holy crap were those harbour snaps?
slowly going where everyone else has already been
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 8:53pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sure were Tonto , have been trying to put up pics of them but not having any luck Confused
COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 9:31pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Try clearing your cache Skoti and try again
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 10:22pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Here are Skoti & his dad's fish

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 10:25pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 10:38pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Try clearing your cache Skoti and try again
Thanks , but no need to now Wink
COVID is no joke !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Dunwurkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 10:59pm
Dunwurkn View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

1 of only 7 we got, this 1kg model not quite in the money.

Great Comp once again thanks smudge and csfc for all the work that went into putting it together.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tonto2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 11:31pm
Tonto2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Outstanding snapper
slowly going where everyone else has already been