Adventure 1450 cuddy or Frewza f14 fisher?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adventure 1450 cuddy or Frewza f14 fisher?
    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 6:16pm
FishAddict View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi All,
Im quite keen on getting my 1st boat, dedicated to fishing only. Ive read a fair amount on the F14 fisher, which sounds like an awesome little boat, but I cant seem to find much info on the Adventure 1450 cuddy. I would prefer a senator in the same class, but Im already way over my budget.
Im very interested to hear if anyone could make a comparison or have any experience with the 1450, or if anyone has heard any bad things about it.

All info would be much appreciated. 
Cheers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 6:32pm
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I wouldn’t think there’s much difference between the two hulls . I think you’d be happy with either .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 12:29pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

look at the boats, climb in , pretend to fish, pull anchor, where holders are, storage etc
 Basically which lay out suits you most, ans what doesnt suit can be changed easy.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OneWayTraffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 2:37pm
OneWayTraffic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Unless adventure boats is cheaper or has some other advantage, I'd go with the Frewza. There doesn't seem to be much difference in the overall shape and design, but Frewza have been in the game longer and had built up a good rep. Not one person has ever said anything against them. How common is that on an Internet forum?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Betty Boop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 5:14pm
Betty Boop View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Respectfully Adventure are new and fledgling....however having viewed them and being aware of the range development and build quality, my opinion is don't be hasty. ….I'm not aware of any "Bad" words regarding design, or quality.
Last week I joined an Anti-Social support group........They won't talk to me!

Papamoa
fi-Glass Viscount
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Motyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 10:03am
Motyak View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi,I have ordered a Cuddy cabin adventure 1450 last week ,hope to get it in 8 weeks time,will keep you updated,do not have experience on either boats,but I like everything I have seen on the adventure , size ,boarding platform engine mounting pod,Price etc,and up to know the communication with the suppliers has been very good.Proof is in the pudding only time will tell.

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SpearPoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 10:46am
SpearPoint View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Welcome Motyak!

Please post a review of the boat once you've had it for a bit, I'd be interested in some more information about them as well. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 5:23pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Betty Boop Betty Boop wrote:

Respectfully Adventure are new and fledgling....however having viewed them and being aware of the range development and build quality, my opinion is don't be hasty. ….I'm not aware of any "Bad" words regarding design, or quality.

Yes this was my point of view to, so going to wait with baited breath on this 1450 CC report :-).

What drew me to it originally was looking at a 1410 explorer and converting it myself to more a frontier style.

What I didnt like about the stabis was very little flat floor space, where this adventure, if you look closely doesnt raise up on the non tread plate area at an angle, which is tiring on the feet etc.

My only concern which is what I have with all 15ft pontoon boats is that 15 degree deadrise. Slap city in the chop. Where the Ospreys have really well designed pontoons that sit aside sharper deadrises and bow entrys, they kiss the water on moving and sit perfectly at rest. I guess you generally get what you pay for and the Adventure "seems" good value......

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Betty Boop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 5:52pm
Betty Boop View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by FizFisho FizFisho wrote:

Yes this was my point of view to, so going to wait with baited breath on this 1450 CC report :-).

What drew me to it originally was looking at a 1410 explorer and converting it myself to more a frontier style.

What I didnt like about the stabis was very little flat floor space, where this adventure, if you look closely doesnt raise up on the non tread plate area at an angle, which is tiring on the feet etc.

My only concern which is what I have with all 15ft pontoon boats is that 15 degree deadrise. Slap city in the chop. Where the Ospreys have really well designed pontoons that sit aside sharper deadrises and bow entrys, they kiss the water on moving and sit perfectly at rest. I guess you generally get what you pay for and the Adventure "seems" good value......

Rome wasn't built in a day......I believe "Watch this space"
Last week I joined an Anti-Social support group........They won't talk to me!

Papamoa
fi-Glass Viscount
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 6:01pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Rome wasn't built in a day......I believe "Watch this space"

Yep for sure. Its good to see. NZ small Business. The backbone of our economy which our government does nothing for in comparison to the likes of Aus where you get a grant and mentor in you business sector etc. Kiwis just doing it themselves.

I notice Osprey are setting up Water taxis. I know the one in Queenstown but Ive seen a few more built, they certainly wouldnt go astray on the Gulf Harbour to Auckland run which is an absolute joke the last time i lived that way. I remember twice the engines broke down and once they cancelled the morning commute....

I think the Beachlands ferry was part of the mandate for the marina going ahead? It runs on time, every 30 mins, no issue and always a nice ride.

But the nice sharp entry of the Osprey would be appreciated for the open water between Auck and Gulf Harbour imo. Im all for Cats, but these pontoon designs from Osprey are right on the money as far as comfort and stability goes.

Anyway, off topic, will await the user comments on how they are finding the 1450cc, seems good value.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Motyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 8:58pm
Motyak View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi,collecting it on Monday,then will be fitting fishfinder,radio will advise after a couple of trips
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 8:38am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

What sounder going for?
 Im thinking about updating ours sometime in the next few months.
 Thinking side scan.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Motyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 9:43am
Motyak View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Lowrance Hook 2 - 7 with splitshot
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Motyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 9:57am
Motyak View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

For good pics of Adventure 1450 Cuddy google "Adventure 1450 nz " and open the facebook page with photos 117
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 11:59am
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

What sounder going for?
 Im thinking about updating ours sometime in the next few months.
 Thinking side scan.
Hi Steps, I've got a 7" Garmin with side vu on my 15 footer. Really like it. Side vu is a revelation for soft baiting in the shallows, where obviously what's directly under the boat is not particularly relevant.

Mine's not touch screen, but that's not an issue for me.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Motyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 7:55pm
Motyak View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi,collected the boat last weekend went out today for a short test today in pretty mild conditions,went awesome ,still running in motor so took it easy ,the 50hp pops it out the hole onto plane easy with 2 x 120 kg adults and 2 small kids.