Field testing

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boz19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 10:46am
Boz19 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by JW JW wrote:

Thanks Deacs - would be good to get you and Boz on board at some point. Bit of an upgrade from that inflatable boat I used to carry in the boot that you both came out on Big smile
It's an extremely fishy place Muppet as I'm sure you know. GB is also an option if the weather allows.

Those were the days mate! Coro snapper and scollys that one trip I remember well. Trevs at Mahu. Good times. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 11:29am
JW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I remember you pulling a nice cray out from behind the rocks we were fishing off at Tutakaka as well. I think that was the best catch that day LOL
www.northsideadventures.co.nz
www.facebook.com/northsideadventures
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 2:58pm
JW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Awful conditions last Friday at GB but we struggled on. Saw quite a few whales, dolphins and sporadic work-ups.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 3:32pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Some nice kingies Jonathan, angler needs to place left hand in front of reel though, looks very aukward the way he holds the rodLOL
Nice bend thoughThumbs Up
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 3:40pm
JW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I did show him but he's a complete novice when it comes to overheads. Was more concerned about him thumbing the spool Stern Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 3:49pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

I did show him but he's a complete novice when it comes to overheads. Was more concerned about him thumbing the spool Stern Smile

At least it didnt end in tears LOL those rods have some real power
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 3:51pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Awful conditions last Friday at GB but we struggled on. Saw quite a few whales, dolphins and sporadic work-ups.

Nice vid JW. What is the rod and reel combination?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 4:10pm
JW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Kaveman slow jig with poseidon reel Thumbs Up 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 7:47pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks, and the rod?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Keith C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 7:50pm
Keith C View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Is that the 651M or 651MH rod? Also, what breaking strain on the braid?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 9:27pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by Keith C Keith C wrote:

Yes Keith, the 651M, we recommend pe2, rod has a very sensitive tip but has a very progressive taper, can handle 15kg drag but i have never tried pushing mine that far, especially using 30lb braid maxLOL
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Keith C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 9:33pm
Keith C View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by kaveman kaveman wrote:

Originally posted by Keith C Keith C wrote:

Yes Keith, the3 651M, we recommend pe2, rod has a very sensitive tip but has a very progressive taper, can handle 15kg drag but i have never tried pushing mine that far, especially using 30lb braid maxLOL

Thanks Kevin
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 6:25pm
JW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Rod = model NBSJC651M 😁
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 11:11am
JW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Fair to say Barrier side of Craddock channel still cranking. Had a softbait around the rocks at Barrier on Tuesday. Dropped a good one first cast otherwise slow in the bright sun. Moved out into 65m. Fish a bit sluggish on the kabura bite. Mechanical jigged an orange injinku and that woke them up. Finder lit up as the fish went into feeding mode and started following. Couldn't get the lure to the bottom after that. Couple of kingfish that went back too. Left on a 6kg snaps. They were getting bigger each drop as they competed up in the water. Also looking very promising east of North Channel entrance in 50m. Shearwaters and Kahawai on top with good snapper on the bottom. Thumbs Up
Page  <12