Field testing

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (6) Likes(6)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Field testing
    Posted: 20 May 2018 at 1:34pm
JW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Been a while since I posted a report the 12's section. We sold the boat just before xmas and took delivery of the new boat in March. 
Since then we've been field testing it by taking friends and their kids out at every opportunity 
It's been better than I expected and I'm excited to see what we can find out there over winter as the larger fish settle into their territory. The softbait fishing has been going very well but the Little Barrier snapper have a higher IQ than the Kawau fish when it comes to finding the foul - we've still managed to hang on to some half decent ones with a few scores left to settle. Happy days :)

www.northsideadventures.co.nz
www.facebook.com/northsideadventures
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 3:21pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

New boat looks great JW. So good to be getting out at every chance ,getting others into some very solid looking fish and finding new areas to explore. Lots of smiles all round on those pics says it has to be very worthwhile.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Far Quirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 5:56pm
Far Quirk View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Great pics, liked.
Far Quirk - I'm goin' fishn!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 6:08pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great stuff, Jonathan. 
Lovely pics of the little ones having a ball. and some great snapper.

you'll have to do a shout out on the forum when you're fully up and running with the chartering - I'll be keen to do a soft baiting mission out to Little Barrier etc.  Looks like a very interesting, rugged landscape.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 10:56am
JW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cheers Big smile We're up and running. All signed-off the other week. Certainly been a bit of an adventure to get to this point. Itching to get back out to LB (and GB) once this system blows through.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 11:31am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Great report Jonathan, i have had the pleasure of fishing the new boat and it is a real fishing machine.
We hit Little Barrier  a couple of weeks ago and the soft baiting was excellent.
Jonathan has stocked the boat with loads of my Kaveman rods and Poseidon reels  that i sell.
Good luck with the new venture mateThumbs Up
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 11:50am
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great pics JW, the kids' smiles says it all!ClapClap
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 11:55am
JW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cheers. The Kaveman rods and reels are all excellent. I'm sure I'll be sharing lots of pics of them in action.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Foxtrot Oscar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 11:58am
Foxtrot Oscar View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Pic #9. The two kids look chuffed but, man, that snapper sure looks 'Grumpy'!

A 'Forum Members' trip to LB could be an idea.
      ><(((*>    J
><(((*>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 12:04pm
JW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Soon as you see a nice run of weather send me a PM and will see what we can organise. I've had a huge amount of help, goodwill and advice from this site over many years.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote deacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 1:50pm
deacs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Was going to message you the other week to see what you were up to, the new set up looks awesome, good luck with the new venture!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 3:58pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice one JW I may have to jump onboard one day, LB certainly appeals for shallow SB's. Good luck Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 1:22pm
JW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks Deacs - would be good to get you and Boz on board at some point. Bit of an upgrade from that inflatable boat I used to carry in the boot that you both came out on Big smile
It's an extremely fishy place Muppet as I'm sure you know. GB is also an option if the weather allows.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 5:04pm
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great fish and great to see the kids enjoying.

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 2:52pm
JW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Another trip to Little Barrier Thursday 31st Big smile
Lots of fish on the windward side of the island but after half an hour I worked my way around into some more sheltered bays. 
No freight trains hooked on this trip but managed some nice conditioned snaps to 7kgs. Finding the minn kota and longer Kaveman rods more and more useful for this sort of thing. Bruised banana on 1/4 oz worked well. 

Made a quick, rough video edit

Wind dropped away for the trip home

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Foxtrot Oscar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 6:35pm
Foxtrot Oscar View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice release of that last Snap. The sea gods will have smiled on your trip home with the low winds. (Liked)
      ><(((*>    J
><(((*>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 6:54pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good report and photos JW. You would have given those kids some great experiences.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 11:04pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great video, JW. Lovely water and surroundings, and that third fish was a stonker. 
Which model of Kaveman's rods are you using in the vid?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 11:28am
JW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Was a heavy fish for its length. NBB822M 4-7kgs.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 11:45am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

great video Jonathan, that place is so fishy. AwesomeThumbs Up

www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Page  12>