The 2018 Hutchwilco NZ Boatshow

Page  123>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The 2018 Hutchwilco NZ Boatshow
    Posted: 16 May 2018 at 2:44pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

It's all on again folks and having had a quick look around the show and the new layouts this morning, it looks fresh, interesting and well worth a visit over the next few days.

Be sure to drop into the NZ Fishing Media (Fishing.net.nz and NZ Fishing News Magazine) stand - 177 in the fishing Hall - Hall 1.

We've got a couple of great comps running along with the Spin to Win prizes for anyone taking out a subscription to NZ Fishing News.

While you're at the stand grab a pic of you/family/mates with our trophy kingfish and upload it in this thread or on our FB page to be in the draw to win a trip and be a star in a Charter Connection feature in NZ Fishing News. Full details on stand - 177

Also make sure you enter the Ultimate Sea to Sizzle draw for a charter trip for two people, fishing the Mokes with Offshore Adventures’ Tony Orton; 

The winner also receives:
  • The latest Shimano #KAOS rod & Stradic 2500 reel; 
  • A 90-litre Icey-Tek bin
  • A Cobb Cooker from Gourmet Innovations
  • A 24-month subscription to NZ Fishing News
  • Two Extreme Boats lifejackets
  • A Honda brushcutter (for those weekends when you can’t go fishing or need some brownie points!)

You can enter at any of the following stands:
NZ Fishing media - stand - 177
Shimano/Journey of a Fisherman (Stand 186), Icey-Tek (Stand 173), Gourmet Innovations (Stand EX215), , Extreme Boats (Stand 342) or Honda Marine (Stand 339)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote grantdixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 3:52pm
grantdixon View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

If you are at the show and looking for a new boat, check out the two NZ Fishing Media project boats on site.

Both Extreme project boats, a 745 and a 645 Game King, are for sale. Both are exceptionally well appointed and are many thousands less than a new build. 

With two new boats on their way for this coming season, it is time to part with our favourite toys!

They can be found outside the main cafeteria, opposite Hall One.

If anyone is interested in checking them out, give either of the two Grants a call - 0274 925 533 (GD) or 021996 955 (GB) and we will gladly talk you through them. 

Full details are also published on page 163 of the May edition NZ Fishing News.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 10:23pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

It's going to be a good one!

I'll be there Friday. Who else is going?
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 6:35am
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm knocking off at 12.30 today and popping over for a look
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sufishent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 6:42am
Sufishent View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Heading in today :)
You can never have enough fishing tackle
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 6:46am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Heading up today too
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sufishent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 6:48am
Sufishent View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by kaveman kaveman wrote:

Heading up today too

Any chance of looking at a Poseidon reel at the show?
You can never have enough fishing tackle
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 7:53am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

We are heading in today as well.. try to get there just after the gates open.
 Havnt a shopping list this yr thu.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 7:57am
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I need some braid scissor and split-ring pliers, and a roll of 80lb trace. Need to look at some softbait rods too.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 3:06pm
Otto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Strolled round the show today, bumped into Grunta who informs me if i post this photo here i'll win a prize Smile

(Took a while to post the pic and don't know why i'm on my side, hadn't been to the bar)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Foxtrot Oscar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 3:11pm
Foxtrot Oscar View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Going tomorrow and Sat. 

><(((*>    J
><(((*>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 6:34pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Foxtrot Oscar Foxtrot Oscar wrote:

Going tomorrow and Sat. 

Lets try and catch up FO.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 6:35pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Otto Otto wrote:

Strolled round the show today, bumped into Grunta who informs me if i post this photo here i'll win a prize Smile

(Took a while to post the pic and don't know why i'm on my side, hadn't been to the bar)

I can see you have been to the bar Otto - you're all sideways!! Big smile

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 7:04pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Heading up tomorrow looking forward to it. Be good to hear what the Thursday guys thought of the show today.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Foxtrot Oscar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 7:04pm
Foxtrot Oscar View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Originally posted by Foxtrot Oscar Foxtrot Oscar wrote:

Going tomorrow and Sat. 

Lets try and catch up FO.
Yes please.
I'll PM you. 

A reminder to everyone:
Friday is Late Night and the show is open until 9pm. (More time to get your ticket stamps for the Prize Draw!) Wink

><(((*>    J
><(((*>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 7:29pm
Muzzfishing View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sunday for me after I do Saturday night shift, a few things i want to look at  New Sounder , anchor winch and check out all the fishing boats that  should keep me busy not forgetting entering the gate prize for my new boat Big smile.

A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 11:16pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I went today. It's the best place to be if you're in the market for a new boat. Got a steering system sorted for a boat I'm picking up soon, going to purchase the system in Tauranga. It was good to see the many choices available and feel the differences between them.
As far as fishing gear goes, endless amounts of rods and other tackle, which I purchased none. Only bought one thing and that was a box of Bradley Biscuits at a reasonable price.
It took 5hrs to have a good look around and of course entered the big boat prize draw. Well worth going.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 11:41pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Going tommorow, nothing better ...except maybe fishing
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 8:29am
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

So much cool stuff to see, didn't get a chance to have a good look around yesterday, hoping for that today. Certainly a lot of nice bling things to lust after, quite motivating.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:03am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Reckon bit better than previous couple yrs.
 M8 picked up a light rod reel combo, checked out epribs.. bar crossings could be regular in our boat when move home..
Got there yesterday around 10:30.. thought was about 3:30 ish, time to head home miss the traffic... but no.
 5:15...
No way was going t hit sthern motorway, Onehunga,  headed roscommon rd...far better than expected.. 

Good show .. 

Page  123>