Dogfight 8000H pairing suggestions

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PJjnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dogfight 8000H pairing suggestions
    Posted: 16 May 2018 at 2:10pm
PJjnr View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey all,

Just thought I'd put it out there for recommendations.

It seems there are a bunch of different Top Water rods out there and I'm trying to narrow the search a little.

I'm heading to Tonga in a few months, I have sent up some big Stickbaits and Poppers and I'm hoping to have them destroyed by the locals.

Eventually though I'll be back in NZ casting and getting railed by Kings ( I seem to get the beats a lot) It will become my forever TopWater setup.

I'm running 100lb braid on the Dogfight 8000H.

Budget is up to $1500.

Thanks in advance

Preston

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Marknado4000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 2:14pm
Marknado4000 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Just seen this, same as I said in PM, be hard to go past Ripple fisher Ultimo and Carpenter EP 85/36 for dual duty GT/Kingis and Stickbaits/Poppers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:36pm
jac View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

X2 Ultimo works big sticks beautiful
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PJjnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 7:33am
PJjnr View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I am going to check these out today....and then off to win the boat
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NomadAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 11:52am
NomadAngler View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Black Hole Cape Cod special popping rods or Cow Special popping rod is another cheaper option.  Or at the top end look at the Fisherman rods, though they may be more than $1500, I can't quite remember.

You could also check out brands like Zenaq, Maven and Temple Reef.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marknado4000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 11:54am
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snoteel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 6:33pm
snoteel View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

if your boyfriend doesn't like fishing....you have a girlfriend