Three kings trip

Page  <1234>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 2:14pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by bazza bazza wrote:

May well do so Daz but the bad news for yourself & other young uns
would be ruled ineligible, as would be restricted to 75 yo & over on a BYOM&S basis ... ie BYO milo & slippers with walking frames & sticks optional. 240V food grinders will be available for hire on board if required !

There will also be a party held each night to that could rage on until bedtime at 8 pm. & for those who may be able to remember, the chance to talk about the fish caught that day.

Ant this humor is what they will be missing out on.
I am surprised that you didnt fit adult nappies somewhere in there as well Bazza

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 3:10pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by Barrie Barrie wrote:

would be ruled ineligible, as would be restricted to 75 yo & over on a BYOM&S basis ... ie BYO milo & slippers with walking frames & sticks optional. 240V food grinders will be available for hire on board if required !

There will also be a party held each night to that could rage on until bedtime at 8 pm. & for those who may be able to remember, the chance to talk about the fish caught that day.

I am surprised that you didnt fit adult nappies somewhere in there as well Bazza

That appears in the small print mate under "terms & conditions"
along with a clause that applicants need to sign, stating that in the event of their demise they can be hung over the side as berley.
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 8:29pm
smelli View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

along with a clause that applicants need to sign, stating that in the event of their demise they can be hung over the side as berley.

hahaha, classic and so true. yes a little while until im 75 + Wink
it would be a good humour filled trip im sure
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=717361
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 11:17pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by smelli smelli wrote:

hahaha, classic and so true. yes a little while until im 75 + Wink
it would be a good humour filled trip im sure

The purpose built charter boats especially designed so as geriatric jiggers don't need to get out of bed to fish, have already been booked ... so is all go from hereon !

Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 10:50am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Am pleased to announce, that all going well with the commode ramp installation, bookings will be opening soon for the inaugural charter trip run by Benner Fisheries Charters.

NB bookings will be binding as hopefully will be all the meals served on board.

Payment accepted = Cash, credit card or superannuation chits.

Discounts available for those over 90 accompanied by a parent.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 4:43pm
smelli View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Good progress Bazza, coming along nicely now Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 6:59pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Am pleased to announce, that all going well with the commode ramp installation, bookings will be opening soon for the inaugural charter trip run by Benner Fisheries Charters.

details

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 7:56pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

details

Sorry mate but as much as your company would be enjoyed on any trip I fear your age would exclude your inclusion on a Benner Fisheries Charter trip.

All applicants will need to verify proof of age by passing an oral test with questions such as :-

Ratings at the bottom.

1. Finger dial phones

2. Milk bars with juke boxes 

3.Home milk delivery in glass bottles 

4. Party lines on the telephone

5. Newsreels before the movie 

6. TV test patterns that came on at night after the last show and were there until TV shows started again in the morning. (There were only 2 channels [if you were fortunate])
7.Peashooters 

8. 33 rpm records

9. 45 RPM records

10. Hi-fi's

11. Metal ice trays with lever

12. Blue flashbulb
 13. Cork popguns 

14. Wash tub wringers 

If you remembered 0-3 = You’re still young
If you remembered 3-6 = u are getting older
If you remembered 7-10 = Don't tell your age
If you remembered 11-14 You're older than dirt! 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 8:26pm
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

mate, 13 here (never saw a juke box in a milk bar) and I'm a youngster at62, I think you'll need to refine your criteria to exclude the likes of me and Barrie!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 9:01am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by SaltyC SaltyC wrote:

mate, 13 here (never saw a juke box in a milk bar) and I'm a youngster at62, I think you'll need to refine your criteria to exclude the likes of me and Barrie!

Thanx for your interest Barrie & SC but unfortunately at this stage you are both outside of the age restriction.

The good news tho is that forming a "Little Nippers" division is currently under consideration.

You will know when you qualify to apply for the Benna Fisheries trips when you have a birthday & the candles cost more than the cake.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 9:02am
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Crikey I remember all 14 of them, gee that must mean I am older than dirt also! LOL
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 12:10pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by Catchelot Catchelot wrote:

Crikey I remember all 14 of them, gee that must mean I am older than dirt also! LOL

Reckon you must have cheated then Al by asking your grand dad or suchlike the answers, therefore regret to have to inform you that you have been disqualified !

Sorry mate, but you could always join the other two hopefuls, namely Barrie & SaltyC in the afore mentioned "Nippers" division.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 12:17pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Reckon you must have cheated then Al by asking your grand dad or suchlike the answers, therefore regret to have to inform you that you have been disqualified !

Sorry mate, but you could always join the other two hopefuls, namely Barrie & SaltyC in the afore mentioned "Nippers" division.

Righto, in retaliation, how many years have you been fishing Baz? 

Honest question...Tongue
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 12:30pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Honest question...Tongue

Honest question coming from you mate ... surely you jest sir.

Before I answer see how you go with these & no cheating this time!

> How many do you remember? 
> 
Head lights dimmer switches on the floor of the car.
> 
Ignition switches on the dashboard.
> 
Trouser leg clips for bicycles without chain guards. 
>
 Soldering irons you heated on a gas burner.
> Using hand signals for cars without turn signals. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 1:15pm
smelli View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

i know one you have forgotten , the 78 speed records :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 2:12pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by smelli smelli wrote:

i know one you have forgotten , the 78 speed records :)

Hows about manual dash board choke knobs that some women used to hang their handbags on when fully pulled out then wondered why the motor ran rough & was using so much fuel.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 2:44pm
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nup, still not digging back far enough Bazza. Not only do I remember but have used or done all of these (yes including my old mans 78s):
> 
> 
> 
>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 2:51pm
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think I am going to stop contributing on this thread as it is just making me feel way older than I actually am, which is old enough already!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote wayno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 3:10pm
wayno View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

So far I remember all of Bazzas' "old timer" things and I'm 'only' 54!!
We never had a party line phone though due to my fathers' job, but remember being told off for answering the phone at other peoples houses before the ring "code" was completed... LOL

To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 3:27pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Honest question...Tongue

Honest question coming from you mate ... surely you jest sir.

Before I answer see how you go with these & no cheating this time!

> 
> 
> 
>

Just like fishing you'd never catch me cheating Baz! LOL

Answer = 6 Approve

G'mon Ehoa time for your honest answer...Tongue

Page  <1234>