Getting a guide in the US (Yosemite) and advice?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Chaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting a guide in the US (Yosemite) and advice?
    Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 7:11pm
Chaff View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi everyone,

Looks like I will be in the vicinity of Yosemite National Park early June, and am probably going to try and get a guided day's fly fishing in.

I have done the inevitable internet trolling through their websites, but if anyone has any suggestions on how to make sure i have the best chance of a good experience I would appreciate it.

Are there good forums or other places I could go for advice in the US about getting a good guide/ outfitter? Has anyone fished here before?

Before you say anything, yes I know the fish won't be huge haha!

Al
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote gulfgreyhound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 6:15pm
gulfgreyhound View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Find a Guide that  fishes Spring Creeks/ Private land. Very technical fishing in Spring Creeks out west. Find a Guide with recommendations from a lot of clients. No, you wont find fish the size of those in New Zealand, but you'd be surprised what swims in many of those rivers. If the Guide or Shop has been in business for a long time they are usually legit and offer good services. You could fish in the park without a guide, just a license and your own equipment. You could fish for  Golden Trout native to California and Brook trout .Add these to your "bucket list". I think you'll find enough of a challenge fishing there. It's fishing just have fun and enjoy one of our natural Wonders, Yosemite National Park.Big smile
Take plenty of pictures and post a report when you get home.
The trouble with some people is that when their not drunk their sober. Yeates,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Chaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 1:07am
Chaff View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

wow thanks that's awesome! :) Excited!