Papamoa Beach?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Magoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Papamoa Beach?
    Posted: 31 Jan 2006 at 4:45pm
Magoo View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Although ive lived here for 10 years or so ive never fished off Papamoa beach so im wondering if anybody would share some GPS marks or could give some advice.

Preferably within 1 or 2k's from shore. I plan on fishing out from Harrisons cut within the next week.

Any tips appreciated
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bentley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2006 at 5:00pm
bentley View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

you prob allready know there are pipy beads along there just south of the surf club i have fished off the beach there at hi tide and beached a few good snaper so i dont think you will have to go far it get a feed .

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote addict2fishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2010 at 2:19pm
addict2fishin View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

the problem for me fishing of the beaches along papamoa (my backyard is the beach) at the moment is the fact there is so many crabs snatching my bait before the fish even get to it,ive been succesful with alot of kaiwhai but havent managed to haul in any decent snapper or gurnard,i switch bait from time to time,bonito and squid is doing the trick at the moment whilist pillies aint doing very much because its the fact they dont last long on the hooks even using cotton.......,has anyone caught anything good off these beaches in ahile??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2010 at 4:42pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

theres a reef 2kms out with terakihi and john dory. Just look for the boats anchored all over it. I will pm it to you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nodamboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 11:43am
nodamboat View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

We've moved out of the area last year,
but..... I used to kayak, from papamoa beach, mainly with SB's, and only 1 or two occasions came home without tea.
No GPS / sounder, just keep moving or drifting until you find them.

I'm a lazy fisher too, mid morning to lunchtime-ish fishing. I'ld be going out when the likes of Trevor and the other keen fulla's were getting back from their early morning starts. although the dawn breakers usually had very good hauls, where as it'ld start getting a bit harder going when the sun's out.

But usually up to 2 odd kms out - (Just ask any other yakker's out thtere with a gps) but personally reckon I caught most of my fish 500m to 1km especially gurnard.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 8:11pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I was just thinking why hasnt this magoo fella thanked me for my info then just noticed the post date 31 jan 2006 LOL thats caught me out a couple of times now.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phishpula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 8:36pm
Phishpula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

You will fit in well in auzzie PiwiLOL
Turtle free since 2012
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jellyphant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 6:43pm
jellyphant View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi piwikiwi, can you pm me the co-ordinates for the reef off Papamoa Beach, planning on going there tomorrow.

Cheers,
Mat