SHOW US YOUR KAYAK

Page  123 4>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bentley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SHOW US YOUR KAYAK
    Posted: 24 Jan 2006 at 11:43am
bentley View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Since there is not meny kayak pics on there i thought i would start one

so show us ya yak

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bentley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2006 at 11:46am
bentley View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hermit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2006 at 2:13pm
Hermit View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Where's the blood and scales from the last fishing expedition?????

GO PROWLERS!!!!!!!

Connoisseur of fine beers and ales!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bentley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2006 at 3:47pm
bentley View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

hey hermit i havent been fishing in hir yet i have it here at work now for the big fit out being started shortly
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dreadeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2006 at 4:33pm
dreadeye View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

its a thing of beauty Bentley.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Peter. C. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2006 at 5:48pm
Peter. C. View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

tis indeed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bentley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2006 at 8:19pm
bentley View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

thanks guys  

i will post more photos of the set up when i get time to do it, mabe have to make time

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2006 at 9:14pm
Slab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Here an old pick of the Yellow Peril, has been tweeked a bit with two new od holders and a wee bit of a jigged deck layout.

Still catches plenty of conger eels, snot boxes and red cod.,

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mrcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2006 at 10:48pm
mrcar View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi guys this is a pick of a Yak we just sold

The Bucket in the back is just sitting thier for the photo shot but is usualy clipped in - You may notice the stainless rail around the side of bucket yeh, we used this for clipping all sorts of stuff on - the hole setup worked great.

Some other stuff that you folks may be interested in is this winder we intend to use for the Anchor Purchased one the other day and I reckon it is going to be the best thing since sliced cheese

Winder Link
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bentley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2006 at 10:03am
bentley View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

cool set up mr thanks we needed more pix on here

keep them coming guys

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bentley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2006 at 8:44pm
bentley View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

come on guys and girls there must be more pics out there

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DogFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2006 at 7:31pm
DogFish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Here's some shots of my trusty old Swing. I tried to keep things to only the basics, but.....

DogFish

I only fish on days ending with a "Y"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote elvis.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2006 at 8:53pm
elvis.brown View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Here's my Viking Espri from the side minus weapons

Here's the anchor, notice the yellow cable ties on the anchor line, they tell me how deep the water is as they are every 5m, one indicates 5m, 2 indicates 10m etc.

Also, notice the one on the top of the anchor that will break if the anchor gets stuck....it took a bit of experimenting to find one that I could break without overturning the kayak.

This is the anchor line that secures to the back of the kayak. The clip you can see in the middle of the kayak attaches to the anchor line itself. This ensures that the anchoring is acting on the back end of the kayak and not the middle. The tennis ball acts as float so that a quick back paddle will get the ball alongside so the anchor line can be retrieved. I think this is a similar idea to the trolley system that is covered in another thread. You will also see in one these pics the Winder which is a large size hand line winder.

Lastly the net over the rear well..this made from 2 "luggage nets" from the $2 shop. Attached to the line with cable ties and clipped on the corner that I can turn round to reach quite easily. On my first trip out I learned that anything not tied on will get lost. Being wary of too many lines attached to the kayak in case of capsizing...I came up with this idea. I think it will hold the flask and other bits and pieces.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote elvis.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2006 at 9:06pm
elvis.brown View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

You will also see my visibility flag...made from one of those dorky bike flags. removed the bike clip, filed a point on the end of the fibreglass rod then poked it thru 2 squash balls. Pumped the balls full of hot melt glue. It sits in the rod holder behind me when fishing and tucks in the front net while paddling
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wakatoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2006 at 9:14pm
wakatoa View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

My father (3rd from right) and his brothers and sisters in the family yak - circa 1930 (homemade, no electronics)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bentley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2006 at 8:16pm
bentley View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

wow great pic looks like a log

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ab_Fab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2006 at 7:02pm
Ab_Fab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Here is my Prowler 13. Still refining the setup but this is what I have so far

Prowler setup ready to go

Rear well with ice packs and bait storage

Really comfy seat, and found a good place to put my tackle pouch

Fish finder setup, works well

Battery mounting in front hatch

Transducer mounting
What will a blonde girl say when you tell her she's pregnant? A: is it mine?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2006 at 11:22pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

<SCRIPT language=javascript>postamble(); Hi Ad Fab

I think you will enjoy the P13.    You have quite a professional set-up.

I have a few questions:

1. What adhesive did you use to glue the transducer and the battery mounting plate to the hull?  Is the transducer floating on a bed of clear silicone?

2. How will you stop snapper spines puncturing your ice packs?

3. What is that plug for beside your battery.   Is it for the charger connection or is it a switch.    Hard to see from the photo

4. Where do you store the anchor, berley pot etc?

5. I assume that the console rack is permanently fixed.    Do you now have to transport the yak top side up?

6. What is the pocket in your rear well cover for?

Thank you for posting the pictures.

Rainbow

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DogFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2006 at 12:24am
DogFish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Congrats Ab_Fab, that's a very tidy set-up you've got there.

Would I be correct in assuming I can see some of Stephen T's handywork there?

DogFish

I only fish on days ending with a "Y"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ab_Fab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2006 at 8:16am
Ab_Fab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Dogfish. you are correct there. Stephen T does a great job I think

Rainbow, answers to you questions

1) Not sure, Stephen Tapp did the installation of the battery and transducer.

2) Good question. Has not been a problem so far as I have ikied them, and put them straight on the stringer, but maybe it has just been luck! I might put a towel or something over top to stop them being pucntured.

3) Sorry it is not a plug. It is just where the orginal wiring which was 4 wires has been reduced down to 2 wires and insulated

4) Anchor I store in front of my my feet (I am quite short and therefore there is quite a lot of unsed space in the foot wells. Burley I am working on. Up to now I have just been using pellots that I keep in a snaplock bag above the bait. This has worked well up until now, but I would like to work out a good way deploy burley (other than on the anchor).

5) Yes it is permament. I do however remove the fish finder. This means I do transport it right way up.

6) I am not sure what is for, but I use it for the drogue at present, or may put the burley in their once I work out a good system for deploying.

Cheers
Ab

What will a blonde girl say when you tell her she's pregnant? A: is it mine?
Page  123 4>