Land based fishing Gisborne

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grumpy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Land based fishing Gisborne
    Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 1:51pm
Grumpy13 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Been living in Gisborne for nearly two years now and can't find the good land based fishing spots...had a couple of crays off Tolaga wharf but fish are evading me...any local knowledge would be appreciated
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 1:58pm
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Drive to Lottin Pt mate, not that far for a primo landbase coast line
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 2:24pm
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Grumpy13 Grumpy13 wrote:

Been living in Gisborne for nearly two years now and can't find the good land based fishing spots...had a couple of crays off Tolaga wharf but fish are evading me...any local knowledge would be appreciated

Sel, catch up with me next time you see me at the club.

Craig
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote wopass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 10:30pm
wopass View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by DenimViper DenimViper wrote:

Drive to Lottin Pt mate, not that far for a primo landbase coast line

best damn land based spot in the world!! after recovering from walking all the way there carrying all the gear...

spent a few night camped on the rocks there fishing through the night and all day, massive kings, huge snapps and im pretty sure one of my liveys was taken by a marlin once, was the most ridiculous run i have ever had, took my kahawai and then proceeded to empty 400 ish yards of line off my reel before dropping the hook. was mental!!

Lottin point X2!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 1:33am
jac View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Grumpy13 Grumpy13 wrote:

Hey,
Happy to help you out 😊

Pm sent
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grumpy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 8:30am
Grumpy13 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks Craig...will do
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grumpy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 8:32am
Grumpy13 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

And thanks for all the other replies...new to the site though so not sure how to pick up a pm...