Black magic fibre glide

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -mAdfis HO- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black magic fibre glide
    Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 8:47pm
-mAdfis HO- View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Since I haven't been able to buy the light stren microfuse anymore I've been looking for a new line for softbaiting. Saw it a few weeks back at fish city so thought I'd have a look at the reviews on it. Couldn't find any complaints on it so spooled up with some and it's a very nice line. The 6kg stuff I got is the same diameter as 8lb original fireline. It's not quite as stiff as stren or fireline but that's because it's not a braid but made from polyethylene. It casts a mile and doesn't make that horrible sound through the guides like braid does and only costs $25 for 150m. Can highly recommend the stuff. Anybody else out there using it?

FiShInG rOcKs! ChEeRs -mAdfis HO-

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote matto1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 9:16pm
matto1234 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Its good for the money but i found it bad for twisting and wind knots. Strong stuff but needs to be doubled to join to leaders or it doesnt hold well in my experience.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 9:19pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I love the sound of braid LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 8:22am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

but i found it bad for twisting and wind knots.

I have had some issues on braid twisting, not so much on the SB but the stray line...due to untidy baits once in a while.
Even so the SB rig will start to do it after a while.
I pulled off a good 50m..walked back to the rod, held the braid between my fingers and started to run down the line, pausing every so often. The Braid would twist up in front of my fingers.

I tied a clip on the end of the line, put that in the end of the battery drill on fast speed, held the line off the ground right back to the rod in the rod clips on the edge of the work bench.
2 to 4 mins, no more twists...
no more wind knots etc

Do it after every 3 to 5 day trips out
The sb needs less than the stray line rig.

Is it really the line that twists (I cant see it doing/being so) or is it untidy baits, lures spinning (even when on a swivel)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 8:29am
PJay View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

The twisting is another reason I've been using baitcasters and not spin reels for my softbaiting for over 10 years now...
PJ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 10:55am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Spin are fine.. so long as when the fish is running.. never wind against it...
But a untidy bait or SB, regardless of reel type, if spins up  the line will twist up.

The other issue that causes wind knots and mess is when putting line on a reel, take it off the original spool, and onto the reel in the same direction. Braid is meant not to make a difference... should be doing it as good practice anyway.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -mAdfis HO- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 7:44pm
-mAdfis HO- View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Only had one session with the fibre glide but no twisting or wind knots for me. Braid shouldn't twist as it has no memory so don't know what's going on there. Wind knots can occur if you over fill your spool or don't wind it on tight enough.
FiShInG rOcKs! ChEeRs -mAdfis HO-