Kina, fulltank...happy holly days

Page  <12345 177>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KeenAs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2006 at 1:52pm
KeenAs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

JK . .  you ok in a 3.6m tinnie?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2006 at 3:30pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Yeah bud sweet as
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2006 at 3:19pm
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Hey hey hey!!!!

Just to perk things up for ya'll to get out there this weekend - I couln't help myslef this morning, my neighbour and I decided to make a morning fish out wide - landed a couple of nice snapper (7lb) and this 30lb kingie who took got hooked with my brand new big zest jig. Fantastic. Bite time was very short, 1/2 an hour maybe, but good for me!

Can hardly wait to get out again.

Cheers

Espresso.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2006 at 3:22pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Great stuff Espresso!!

Ya really know how to make my afternoon at work dontcha!!

Between your report and Steves (BA)'s txts saying hes towing lures around out on the 300m mark I've lost my inspiration for work.....

LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2006 at 3:23pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

How far outwide did ya go?
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2006 at 3:41pm
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Anchorite :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2006 at 4:06pm
Bullet22 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Where is anchorite?  How far out from what island??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Peter da Squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2006 at 4:26pm
Peter da Squid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

bullet, if you drew a line from flatrock(Kawau) to channel island its pretty much a lonely ol'submerged rock in the middle.

Snap- Nice pic of fishing inside Stanley pt. We've had some blinders infront of bayswater in the past with forum chaps Lala, Tobes & Kezz. 12kg kingfish and snaps to nearly 10lb in there 7-8m amongst the moorings. Now and next month is magic.
Good for Nuthin
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pleasedelete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2006 at 4:46pm
pleasedelete View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Esspresso

Thats a Mighty fine fish mate. They pull like Buggery on those Jig hey....

Well done. I'll Bite my tongue so long behind my desk......They are just getting  fatter and bigger ......Roll on Feb for me........

Nature Has a way of Ironing the Cowboys out..!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2006 at 4:48pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Sure is Peter, should be on the move heading in there now.
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2006 at 4:59pm
snap View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Peter da Squid - I've been fishing there for about 15 years and can guarantee a feed between Jan and March. The spot I was at with the family is the 21 mtr hole. I fished this hole on the Furuno comp 2 years ago (March)and we got our limit between 6-7am in the morn (all fish between 2-4KG). We then went to Kauwau and the fishing was poor compared to this (apart from the morning after the comp when we cleaned up just around the corner from Bon Accord), and got lots of good fish including an 18lber.

The shallows by the harbour bridge (opposite to where the toll gates used to be) also fires at this time of year (got a 15lber there one year whilst watching peek hour traffic going over the bridge in the morning). If you go to about 3-4mtrs in the moorings at bayswater on the low tide and fish the next 2hrs with a strayline and no weight you can catch some good snaps. I believe the fish sit in the hole then come out over the shallows looking for shellfish (thats what they are full of when gutted). Also big kingis there but as I always fish 6kg targetting snapper they soon waste me in the shallows.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2006 at 5:02pm
snap View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

BTW Espresso - great fishing (haven't tried my Zest yet - though they look effective).
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2006 at 5:06pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Actually while heading home over the bridge yesterday I noted a fair few boats anchored up and lines out on both sides on the bridge and also close to where you're talking about snap.

In fact just looked out my office window and theres a few out there now as well.

LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Peter da Squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2006 at 5:08pm
Peter da Squid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah mate thats the way! we usually fish at the other end of the day there and same thing watching the cars, buses firetrucks and all drive past. We had a saying when we fished there- " expect the unexpected"

Good onyou mate, you have a huge head start on us
Good for Nuthin
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2006 at 5:55pm
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Yeehaa - did it ever pull like a teenager! I was using piper on retrieve just like the other day but they were pretty cagey and not biting - a few hurls of the zest and wham, I'm on. But just the once. First time success with th=e zest - the splashing and flashing fluffed the big Kings up right through the rats 'get outta my way' kinda thing. This one took off and gave me a great battle - currently chilling in my fridge.

Managed to get into the office for the afternoon and justify my existence. A bit of a clean up tonight while sampling some extra cold suds.....oh what a day. I feel like the proverbial pig.

Now all I need to do is get onto the snapper, which have eluded me most of the time along with those %$%#  bait fish!

That's fishing I guess.

Time for a brew or two.  Ciao

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2006 at 9:52am
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Met and had a quick chat with a friendly commercial fisho just out from Tiri on my way back yesterday. Interesting to watch. He also gave a GPS for a 'spot' - which I will try asap of course. I didn't realise a massive drag net could operate so close to where my pathetic little hook and line tries to catch a snapper.

And what stunning start to the day - should be on the water eh?!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2006 at 9:54am
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Hey espresso, we u casting and retreiving the zest jig or doing  st8 up and down drops?
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2006 at 12:22pm
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Cast and retrieve along the surface, deep didn't even get a look at.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2006 at 12:38pm
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Quote: Originally posted by snap on 11 January 2006

The shallows by the harbour bridge (opposite to where the toll gates used to be) also fires at this time of year (got a 15lber there one year whilst watching peek hour traffic going over the bridge in the morning). If you go to about 3-4mtrs in the moorings at bayswater on the low tide and fish the next 2hrs with a strayline and no weight you can catch some good snaps. I believe the fish sit in the hole then come out over the shallows looking for shellfish (thats what they are full of when gutted). Also big kingis there but as I always fish 6kg targetting snapper they soon waste me in the shallows.

classy stuff Snap - i like it!

No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KeenAs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2006 at 3:39pm
KeenAs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Theres alot to be said for fishing ya feet first. Hey snap are ya still looking at budying up on sunday? if so . . any chance of bring those snapper tracking skills????
Page  <12345 177>