So,,,, Trump or Clinton?

Page  <12345>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 10:00pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I can't believe that anyone really thinks DT will do what he has been saying. And if he does do some of it we will have a world heading for war. Who the hell wins then??? They say history often repeats. Have a read about why we have had world wars and then line up those reasons with DT's rhetoric. He preached any message he could dream up to appeal to a section of disenchanted voters, but there is no way his party is going to approve a lot of what he gained his votes on. What they may approve is all the stuff that the disenchanted voters really hate but DT failed to mention. We are talking about a very right wing president who got his extra votes from a lot of poor, 'disadvantaged' people by promising what he will never deliver without creating much bigger issues than the ones he was supposed to fix. This will be a one term presidency if we all survive that long.
No issue with seeing HC not get in, but DT for president??? You have to be brain dead to not see what a mess that is going to be.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 10:30pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

If you are any sort of student of history, how many major and how many minor wars can you see starting if DT carries through on the promises listed in this article?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/us-election-2016/86299530/us-election-2016-presidentelect-donald-trump-and-his-election-promises

That's not to say that some of these things may have a little bit of popular appeal and shouldn't be addressed, just that if DT is not prevented from implementing them in the ways that he has promised to collect his votes, the US and much of the world are going to be in deep ****.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 11:25pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Let them fight Dave. It really seems to me there needs to be some culling in the USA.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 6:54am
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Interesting comments here - plenty to watch next few months/years - seems like the Western democratic ideals have had their day and world politics may be shifting to right?  On the other hand may be different folks at the helm but same old same old...
Not sure what effect will have on world trade and NZ but we will adapt we have to, but even more people may want to come here now!
I imagine a lot of US allies including Australia are feeling nervous.
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 7:09am
the angler View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

News just in - trump has just shot Hillary point blank in the head and taken the vote away from woman .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bossco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 8:48am
Bossco View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Tagit Tagit wrote:

. He preached any message he could dream up to appeal to a section of disenchanted voters, 

This is exactly it.

But the only upside, is that he himself doesn't believe in the messages he was selling them, just look at his history he's been anti-gun, pro abortion and identified as a democrat in the past.

He just looked at it like a business deal, and just like his scam "University" he's sold them a product full of promises and assurances of 'greatness', and now that he's taken their money, he has no intention of delivering on those promises.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 9:15am
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Bossco Bossco wrote:

He just looked at it like a business deal, and just like his scam "University" he's sold them a product full of promises and assurances of 'greatness', and now that he's taken their money, he has no intention of delivering on those promises.

For someone with no political history he seems to have got the hang of it quite quickly.  Isn't that exactly what every politician has always done -made promises during the election they know they will never deliver.

I'm puzzled why the world is so shocked he won, the signs were there and easy to read before the election -people just didn't want to admit it could happen.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 9:18am
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That is totally true Bossco. i four years will there be a trillion dollar wall along the Mexican border? No.
Will Muslims in American have to all be security cleared and be registered? Geeeez, I hope not.
Scarey times, about the only candidate worse than Clinton I think would be trump. Cruz was as bad as Clinton.if Trump does cause a disaster, what the hell will the yanks go for next?
I think it is human nature, for so long we have had things so good, we have forgotten that our first world problems are very minor issues compared to true hardships of conflict and true poverty, (such as depression era type poverty, not the artificial and ridiculous "poverty" assessment bandied about these days) issues "the establishment" has evolved to cope with, to provide stability and as much prosperity as can be achieved.
The desire to shake this all up in the expectation that this will somehow make things even better, and not disastrously worse, puzzles me.
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mowerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 9:27am
mowerman View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

"and now that he's taken their money, he has no intention of delivering on those promises".

does any Politician really deliver on his promises...they get into power and step in the quicksand on day one ... brain fade and cant recalls are the norm at least here in NZ lol..

Yes they are headed in a new Direction ..lets hope no more wars but ....

“We’re at War!” — And We Have Been Since 1776: 214 Years of American War-Making

The People Protest

Actions Speak Louder Than Words    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fraser Hocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 10:51am
Fraser Hocks View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Ah lets look at this as history predicts the future.  Sure he has won the election, but he has no idea or intention of running the county, he just wanted to win the election. Kid in a play ground style. 

My guess is that he will get in.  Run with it for about 2 months before he releases that its a lot more work then he had though.  Come out with some dumb ass excuse that he needs to focus more on his empire or some other lame ass excuse and someone else will have to mop up his mess. 

On the plus side we are going to have access to some real cheap fishing tackle from the US!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fraser Hocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 10:54am
Fraser Hocks View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Im guessing his swearing in will be pretty much an exact repeat of this?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote hookerpuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 1:09pm
hookerpuka View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm quite interested where you guys get trump will be world war from. Hillary was guaranteed world war. Mainstream media ? Trump more likely to cause Civil war than anything. He will also be well muzzled from day dot... Don't get me wrong he is a complete clown. but she is far worse. 

I'd rather Trump than clinton and rather someone else than either. Russia were already readying themselves for the Clinton rein. They were recalling russian born people to the fatherland, they have increased their ground troops on borders and have moved ships strategically all around the globe. UN were also readying themselves for defensive counter, have moved far more units to the borders and have also started to move items of devastation around the globe, Puttin ( a nut job himself) stated that a clinton rein would mean WWIII (take from that what you will) . There's a **** tonne more to this than of trump groped some lady by the Pussy. Clinton is a dirty evil moo loo... she is also a sexist but she is feminist sexist... trump evaded taxes. clinton has been done for impeachment, misappropriation of funds. taking bribes and her family is about owning oil, She also lied that she had no involvement of the current no offence stance of the states vs russia. she resigned in 2012 yet the decision was made in 2011 i think....  believing mainstream media in an election is like thinking hobbits and dragons exist. funny how the stuff that counts like russia and UN got pretty much 0 media time. Blurb over...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 1:12pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well said hookerpuka
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 6:34pm
fish i View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

wELL SAID mIKE
6th place in the inaugural Te Kauwhata Regionals paddle crab division
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 8:04pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by hookerpuka hookerpuka wrote:

I'm quite interested where you guys get trump will be world war from. Hillary was guaranteed world war. Mainstream media ? Trump more likely to cause Civil war than anything. He will also be well muzzled from day dot... Don't get me wrong he is a complete clown. but she is far worse. 

<span style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb29, 33, 41; : rgb246, 247, 249;"><span style="font-family: inherit;"> I'd rather Trump than clinton and rather someone else than either. Russia were already readying themselves for the Clinton rein. They were recalling russian born people to the fatherland, they have increased their ground troops</span></span><span style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb29, 33, 41; : rgb246, 247, 249;"><span style="font-family: inherit;"><span style="font-family: inherit;"> on borders and have moved ships strategically all around the globe. UN were also readying themselves for defensive counter, have moved far more units to the borders and have also started to move items of devastation around the globe, Puttin ( a nut job himself) stated that a clinton rein would mean WWIII (take from that what you will) . There's a **** tonne more to this than of trump groped some lady by the Pussy. Clinton is a dirty evil moo loo... she is also a sexist but she is feminist sexist... trump evaded taxes. clinton has been done for impeachment, misappropriation of funds. taking bribes and her family is about owning oil, She also lied that she had no involvement of the current no offence stance of the states vs russia. she resigned in 2012 yet the decision was made in 2011 i think....  believing mainstream media in an election is like thinking hobbits and dragons exist. funny how the stuff that counts like russia and UN got pretty much 0 media time. Blurb over...</span></span></span>

" believing mainstream media in an election is like thinking hobbits and dragons exist" You could be describing NZ media.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 8:47pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just think about it - Trump gets elected on a series of isolationist policies that if followed through will hugely diminish the USA's economic influence around the world, especially in vulnerable poorer nations. So who has lots of money and will pick up the slack - China. They are already doing it and if the US pulls out of that competition!!! Then DT has also apparently given some sort of 'approval' for Russia's invasion of Crimea. Add to that Europe being in political crisis over immigration and Brexit.

So for all the USA's faults, would be prefer a world with a strong democratic USA led flavour or are we quite happy that the USA goes all introvert and leaves Russia and China to take leading roles in how the world operates? It is a case of be very careful what you wish for. When the grass on the other side is just painted green for advertising, it isn't actually greener.

What we can best hope for now is that all DT's crazy policies are just vote grabbers and that it was all just the BS that it appeared to be.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Polar_Kiwis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 8:21am
Polar_Kiwis View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Went fishing by myself yesterday post Trump election. Man I had the blues out there. Luckily my new Kaveman sliders did the trick. Still caught myself putting rods in rod holders and getting on news websites... Boat caught three fish to my none.
Now time to explain to my teenagers how someone who rants, raves, bullies, threatens and makes big promises can become a leader yet divides a nation. Going to put up a list of his promises on our fridge. Then we can watch how many he really delivers. Good experiment to show that perhaps that this businessman might also be over promising.
Lot of freedom of speech going on with #notmypresident protests.
Farout.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 9:04am
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

US politics has become so totally polarised now it is incredible. There would have been equally as large protests had Hillary won, both candidates are so deeply unpopular.
I think it is a result of the US's absurdly long elections process, it is the only issue on the media day in and day out for months, hell, years, a constantly divisive, super hyperbolic hate fest that I think just poisons the American people against whichever party they do not vote for. So much misinformation, spin and lying over two solid years just ratchets up hate and disdain among the yanks, white on black on Hispanic, left and right, hard core Christian, Muslim vs sane people and all in all an unending stream of vitriol splitting the people apart. God help America.
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pompey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 11:08am
pompey View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Wall St is up today. Economists are now saying tax cuts are what is needed and Donalds economic stimulus ideas might be just what is needed. He will probably end up being the greatest most loved President ever.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hookerpuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 12:05pm
hookerpuka View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by v8-coupe v8-coupe wrote:

" believing mainstream media in an election is like thinking hobbits and dragons exist" You could be describing NZ media.

Pretty much all media mate, NZ media is APN. APN is not NZ... It's more Days of our lives... 

Page  <12345>