So,,,, Trump or Clinton?

Page  <1 2345>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 12:24pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Capt Asparagus Capt Asparagus wrote:

US politics has become so totally polarised now it is incredible. There would have been equally as large protests had Hillary won, both candidates are so deeply unpopular.
I think it is a result of the US's absurdly long elections process, it is the only issue on the media day in and day out for months, hell, years, a constantly divisive, super hyperbolic hate fest that I think just poisons the American people against whichever party they do not vote for. So much misinformation, spin and lying over two solid years just ratchets up hate and disdain among the yanks, white on black on Hispanic, left and right, hard core Christian, Muslim vs sane people and all in all an unending stream of vitriol splitting the people apart. God help America.

Welcome to the realm of profit driven tabloid media where sensationalism and circulation are the only imperatives. Viewers, readers and clicks are the only things that matter. The truth by itself would never generate a profit so they slant the articles and lead with inflammatory misleading headlines. How many times do we see articles about the same incident, yet each article has different figures in it. They no longer bother with getting things right. Sound bites rule.They just want to be the first into print. See it every day here in Godzone.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 10:29pm
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

This says it all (link fixed)

https://youtu.be/EMyvarVRvOI

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hookerpuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 2:10pm
hookerpuka View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

^^ that doesnt work 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 6:35pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Neither does Trump as president. Maybe that was the point Cry
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 3rnzir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 8:24pm
3rnzir View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Tagit.
Chill will ya.
Do what your progressive mates in the States do for relief.
Grab some 'Rape Don`s wife' placards.
And go and vandalism the businesses in your local poor `hood.
Lets come back to these posts in 4 years time and assess your end times predictions.
If any nation in modern history can re-invent/invigorate  itself,my money is on the USA.
The Fourth Estate has been an abject failure/traitor to the Western world for the last 20 years now. 
When the working White man feels the economic/safety squeeze,watch out kids.
Shows how powerful the USA is.
Everyone else has an opinion on their domestic elections.
Unlike say,china,they just mobilise their army,because of the rabid paranoia of it`s leadership.
Good to see political input that is not so toxic.

Peace.Via superior firepower..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 11:59am
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think Peter Thiel pretty much summed why the "media" got this so wrong and where the enormous disconnect is between what the media saw and headlined and what Trump supporters saw and supported:

"I think one thing that should be distinguished here is that the media is always taking Trump literally. It never takes him seriously, but it always takes him literally. ... I think a lot of voters who vote for Trump take Trump seriously but not literally, so when they hear things like the Muslim comment or the wall comment, their question is not, 'Are you going to build a wall like the Great Wall of China?' or, you know, 'How exactly are you going to enforce these tests?' What they hear is we're going to have a saner, more sensible immigration policy."

It is interesting to see people railing against the result but claiming to support democracy - this is democracy in action. I don't know what I would have done had I had a vote in this election, Trumps rhetoric was awful, but Clintons ACTIONS were also horrendous.

And the "Clinton won the popular vote" claims are just nonsense. It was not a "popular vote" election. It was an electoral college election and those voting know that. there is no incentive for voters to turnout in states were the result is beyond dispute before the election, that applies to both Democrat dominated states and Republican dominated states. Lots don't vote because the state will be won by the dominant party anyway. If you want a "popular vote" election, like the Brexit referendum, then you have to run it as such. You cannot later claim to have won the "popular vote" when there simply wasn't one!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 12:40pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by SaltyC<div> It is interesting to see people railing against the result but claiming to support democracy - <br></div>[/QUOTE SaltyC
 It is interesting to see people railing against the result but claiming to support democracy - 
[/QUOTE wrote:

Also interesting exactly who is protesting.  Portland police arrested 112 people rioting, of those 60% were

Also interesting exactly who is protesting.  Portland police arrested 112 people rioting, of those 60% were from outside the state and of the 112 only 25 were found to have actually voted in the election in Portland.  In other words, not actually upset voters, but anarchists and political agitators intent on causing trouble.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hookerpuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 3:59pm
hookerpuka View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I found these 2 vid's pretty interesting ans shows the influence and decipt held by the media or what ever reasons they may have 

https://www.facebook.com/username373/videos/755818418393/ put's into context things that were altered by media to portrait trump badly. 

https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrumpNews.Co/videos/1776200712637398/

Fun times fun times... 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 4:58pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by 3rnzir 3rnzir wrote:

Tagit.
Chill will ya.

I don't have  real issue with quite  few of DT's more 'challenging' proposals. I just don't get the impression that he is the guy to carry them out without the risk of a major catastrophe. 
By all accounts he is already moderating his stance on some of the more unachievable promises, so you are going to end up with a loose unit president and a bunch of dissapointed voters who were expecting him to follow through on his promises. Not the perfect recipe for a stable society. There is  real fear that DT is going to 'release' the far right in the US. Find a country anywhere with a truly active far right that is a good world citizen. I guess we will all find out over the next year or two. Putin obviously thinks he has DT sorted out and a few 1000 more Syrians have been killed.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 3rnzir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 7:54pm
3rnzir View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

As for those that have said the Don is not fit to govern?
Wrong.
The Don beat 16 GOP candidates.
In what is the most grueling selection process in the Western world.
On a fraction of the budget of others(bodes well fiscally if Congress complies).
As far as starting all sorts of imaginary wars,the current administration is not exactly squeaky clean,now is it?
A super power will always be engaged in conflict at any time,usually.
If you are over say,35,then you can see the MSM(Main Stream Media) is a biased disgrace to democracy.
Fortunately other mediums are available to offer balance.
The Don refreshingly seldom watered down any of his main campaigning points.
Unpopular with some yes.
Refreshing none the less,for sticking with his power points.
So,no surprises,should these election pledges become policy.
The 3 levels of the USA Govt have the checks and balances the have served Her well for 240 years.
The next President will operate within the same  confines.
Cheerz

Peace.Via superior firepower..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 1:36pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 9:19pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well Trump has been elected for a while and the world carries on as normal.
I now think i  know why he was voted in. It goes like this.

" There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here ,it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. (the book ) Douglas Adams.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 10:13am
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

....or we are now through the looking glass. What gets me is that barely half the voters in the states bothered to vote, and close as dammit Clinton and trump got an even split of those, so 25% each roughly. If the yanks can't be bothered to get off their arses to vote, then sorry, they can darn well get what they deserve. No sympathy.
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 3:17pm
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Why would u bother to vote, both are clowns, and no election promises ever come true.....
I have never been in a balloting box my whole life for the same reason....
biggest waste of time and energy imho
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 7:59pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

He's not even in the damn office yet and he is already trying to set up world war 3 with China. I don't actually mind that he is talking to Taiwan, but what a idiot way to start his relationship with the worlds second biggest superpower.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 9:29pm
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

many dont bother to vote because it doesnt make a difference in the outcome.

many states are so strongly either Rep or Dem and if you aint of the same persuasion your vote isnt going to influence the result in the state. Winning the most states is what wins the presidency, not how many votes overall.

Only the 'swing' states is it important that the candidate secures the most votes.

No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 11:19am
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Tagit Tagit wrote:

I can't believe that anyone really thinks DT will do what he has been saying. 
He preached any message he could dream up to appeal to a section of disenchanted voters. 
We are talking about a very right wing president who got his extra votes from a lot of poor, 'disadvantaged' people by promising what he will never deliver 

What promise???

Who cares if I p!ss off China. I am Donald Damn Trump and it is my god given right to say whatever I like without thinking about it first.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11759931

Still, he must be the best option. After all, nearly as many people supported him as supported Hillary.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 6:33pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Or as I said way back before the election the only way he will get in is if people dont vote or vote an independent rather than making a vote count for the best of the 2 evils...
 Hillary got the popular vote, jusy not enough where it mattered

Anyone following his cabinet choice and backgrounds.. thats getting a little scarry  both internal and foreign affairs.
 Time will tell
 Amereica burps NZ gets hit harder if one goes thru the history books
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 5:53am
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Glad I don't live there - at least it is interesting to watch from a distance - I hope Trump surprises us all but don't expect so - sounds like rather than draining swap all the animals have moved to another one setup by Trump and his company!
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 8:42am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

We dont watch the US from a distance... populist protectionist policies of the US after the 29 crash resulted in world wide collapse after the 29 crash.. If it was not for the commonweath and empire trade agreements, we where hit hard, but they got us thru better than most of the rest of the world and sooner.
 The 70s/ 80s high interest rates inflation was on the back of American economy.. "imported inflation"  muldoons protectionism didnt help any either towards the end.
 the 80s boom and bust was on the back of american speculation...
2007 was on the back of the American sub prime rort

wholesale rates have been moving very slowly up for a little while now, and right now that rate of increase is showing consistent steepening... most banks have increased 3 to 5 yr interest rate several times in the last 4 weeks.
 These movements may not be because of Trump as been historically cyclic... but if he handles them as a business man who loves debit, or as a president of his country with reflection on the rest of the world is of concern... Business loves inflation to reduce debit, which means can increase further...
 America close doors on China.. china slows our exports drop in volume and returns being a very very small player on the world economies.
Page  <1 2345>