So,,,, Trump or Clinton?

Page  123 5>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So,,,, Trump or Clinton?
    Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 5:27pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It is beyond belief these two are the best the US can scrape up as POTUS, but by crikey it is close. So, who do you folks pick?
Personally, I go for Clinton, if only because she is less likely to wreck to world in a fit of pique than The Donald.
Anyone else got any thoughts? What are the rammifications for NZ either way?
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 6:09pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The thought of Trump winning scares me. The guy appears to be a complete narcissistic nutcase. Clinton may not be the best other choice, but really it is a case of abadt (anybody but a Donald Trump. You really have to ask yourself what is so badly wrong with US society that they ended with these 2 as their choices. 

I reckon that there is a huge underlying issue facing all the Western world at this time. It is called 'out of control immigration'. The Brits voted to leave the EU over this and Trump could get elected over it. Countries all over Europe are closing their borders as much as they legally can and the refugees fleeing northern Africa are creating massive political and societal issues as a result.  The Aussies are trying to shut their borders as well, and we in NZ have a massive issue with lack of infrastructure because our borders are so open. Racial tensions are only going to get worse as we go on like this. Immigration moving faster than integration and assimilation is a very scary thing, but whilst our current government think there is a buck in it they will keep plowing on. A bit like our fishing really.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 7:28pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah its about people numbers equaling profit in the long term for big buisness. Key knows it too its all long term planning for his buddies. 

Yeah Clinton for me. Trump condemns himself every time he opens his mouth. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 8:13pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Trump scares me too.
At very best his opening speech would be "America your fired"
Trump is a showman-little more. His election would bring regret just like Brexit.

Election of Trump could  lead to economic collapse and ww3 according to some commentators

He has said he may not support NATO as the U.S supports NATO now. NATO would be weakened.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 8:45pm
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Trump Thumbs Down!!!!
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 8:46pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think Trump would not be good for the likes of us. Who is the lesser of two evils, I don't know.
As for Clinton, she is a war mungering b###h just like Obama and Bush and hopefully she spends many years in jail for her crimes. They control the media and feed the people of America lies and propaganda. Intent on running their gas pipe through Syria no matter the cost to civilians.
Neither Clinton or Trump are fit for the job. But if I had to vote, I'd vote Trump.
I need more wine!
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 8:54pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

totally agree Capt A.

It almost felt like Trump entered as a ploy to raise his profile, or for a bit of a laugh. At first I doubted he actually believed the rubbish he was spouting. like I imagined him coming off stage and saying to his cronies 'can you believe they bought that?'. But then he started to gain traction, and the lack of a credible opponent in the Republican movement became obvious. Quite staggering, given the size of the place.  Particularly how many of the supposed top candidates fall out of the race due to marital infidelity or some other issue.

then you've got Clinton, who unbelievably stayed with Bill all those years, despite the affairs and whatever, but obviously was playing some kind of long-term deal with Bill and his mates to further her own political ambitions. Hard to not get elected when up against someone as divisive as Trump, but the saga with the emails etc is costing her.

The big question is, will Trump getting elected make buying fishing gear from Tackle Direct cheaper or more expensive? Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 10:18pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Trump is a buffoon, but at least he's honest enough to say exactly what he thinks. Clinton is a lying, thoroughly evil piece of work. The US stands a much higher chance of being at war with Russia with her in charge. She stands for the ruling elite and will shaft ordinary Americans at every chance. If it wasn't for her power and influence she'd be in prison by now.

How, out of a country of millions, it came down to these two is a mystery.

I've said for a long time it will be trump, the polls are wrong because there are a lot of Americans planning to vote for him that don't want to admit it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 10:56pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Kevin.S Kevin.S wrote:

Trump is a buffoon, but at least he's honest enough to say exactly what he thinks. Clinton is a lying, thoroughly evil piece of work.

Have you actually listened to Trump?? As far as I can work out he can't open his mouth without either lying or trying to twist the truth. He has made countless statements that are just complete fabrications that he has invented to try and confuse people or take the heat off his other seriously scary moments when he has confessed to what he really thinks. Scary, scary man.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sufishent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 7:06am
Sufishent View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Tagit Tagit wrote:

Trump is a buffoon, but at least he's honest enough to say exactly what he thinks. Clinton is a lying, thoroughly evil piece of work.

Have you actually listened to Trump?? As far as I can work out he can't open his mouth without either lying or trying to twist the truth. He has made countless statements that are just complete fabrications that he has invented to try and confuse people or take the heat off his other seriously scary moments when he has confessed to what he really thinks. Scary, scary man.

We all know he's lying BUT he's telling the average American what they want to hear. He has realised that the average Joe is buying rhetoric and that's what he's giving them - and they're the ones that will count, not us unfortunately.
You can never have enough fishing tackle
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 7:46am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Reminds me of a long ago election.. Barry Goldwater think it was.. not as bad as Trump thu.
Same sort of lead into election day, then on the day got wiped badly.
Hopefully the Yanks have enough sense to do so again.
In saying that, one has to question the Yanks "sense"  to even put forward / vote such a candidate in the 1st place beggars belief...And that is what worries me...

How to upset a Yank.. Tell them to look up yank in the dictionary... then tell them not to, knowing they will not take any notice of that anyway....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 8:53am
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

One thing about this, while it's been interesting to watch from a distance I don't think I'd like to be in the position of deciding which of those two were to be the next president.  Do they have a "none of the above" box in a presidential election?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 9:04am
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah, the libertarians.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 9:14am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I don't think I'd like to be in the position of deciding which of those two were to be the next president.

Simple .. which one scares u the most? 
 And the scary thing, those who do vote like that , tend to vote someone else.... or not at all.... which results in the worst of the 2 evils winning.
 Which in some ways is how Hitler got voted in

Theres a Thought....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 2:16pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Tagit Tagit wrote:

The thought of Trump winning scares me. The guy appears to be a complete narcissistic nutcase. Clinton may not be the best other choice, but really it is a case of abadt (anybody but a Donald Trump. You really have to ask yourself what is so badly wrong with US society that they ended with these 2 as their choices. 

I reckon that there is a huge underlying issue facing all the Western world at this time. It is called 'out of control immigration'. The Brits voted to leave the EU over this and Trump could get elected over it. Countries all over Europe are closing their borders as much as they legally can and the refugees fleeing northern Africa are creating massive political and societal issues as a result.  The Aussies are trying to shut their borders as well, and we in NZ have a massive issue with lack of infrastructure because our borders are so open. Racial tensions are only going to get worse as we go on like this. Immigration moving faster than integration and assimilation is a very scary thing, but whilst our current government think there is a buck in it they will keep plowing on. A bit like our fishing really.

"You really have to ask yourself what is so badly wrong with US society that they ended with these 2 as their choices". Disillusionment with the status quo. Legislation that lets the rich get richer, in other words corporate welfare, the attacks on the middle class to pay for this corporate welfare, the way banks, finance companies and big business have control over the Government and its purse strings et al. That is how the Don got there. He is talking the talk. However I believe he is a total hypocrite and narcissist. The same thing is happening in NZ and around the world. Hence the low voter turn outs in elections and things like Brexit. The worm is starting to turn. There is too much of the worlds wealth/resources in too few hands. For the worm to turn fully, this is not enough. There will unfortunately be violence. History repeating itself. yet again.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 3:04pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by kitno kitno wrote:

I think Trump would not be good for the likes of us. Who is the lesser of two evils, I don't know.
As for Clinton, she is a war mungering b###h just like Obama and Bush and hopefully she spends many years in jail for her crimes. They control the media and feed the people of America lies and propaganda. Intent on running their gas pipe through Syria no matter the cost to civilians.
Neither Clinton or Trump are fit for the job. But if I had to vote, I'd vote Trump.
I need more wine!

Obama has been gutless. All talk and no action. Hence the sabre rattling from Putin.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 3:07pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

One thing about this, while it's been interesting to watch from a distance I don't think I'd like to be in the position of deciding which of those two were to be the next president.  Do they have a "none of the above" box in a presidential election?

I think I heard somewhere that they have the option of putting someone else's name on their ballot if they do not want to vote for those listed. Could be wrong. Probably am. .
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OneWayTraffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 3:33pm
OneWayTraffic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

You can put whatever you like on a voting slip. It won't matter in the slightest, unless you tick Trump or Clinton. Then again a vote for Trump in a safe Democratic state won't matter at all (think California), likewise a vote for Clinton in Alabama. 

I haven't met either of the two personally, but one thing that comes to me is that not many who have actually met Hillary have bad things to say about her. That is not true of Trump. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote mowerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 5:05pm
mowerman View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hillary is going to pick a scrap with Russia by all accounts over Syria ,creating a no fly zone...Russia has combat aircraft on the ground there and in use... 
The People Protest

Actions Speak Louder Than Words    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 7:05pm
Titanium
Titanium

I think it is telling that previous republican presidents have said they intend to vote for Clinton......

Page  123 5>