Lunker City Slug-Go

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 10:12am
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by laidbackdood laidbackdood wrote:

Originally posted by Kezza Kezza wrote:

Here is a pix from June 2006:

9", 6", 5" and 3"….Those Lunker City baits are awesome!

Yes ....the worm hook supplied with the 9 inch ones but personally ...i didnt trust that hook for what i was targeting....big snapper and kings........you are better off with the lunker weighted hook.....size 9/0 for the 9 inch ones.......a little hard to thread through and they must be rigged straight but a solid hook for big fish........i got mine from tackle direct in the states i think...strong asWink

good info LBD.

And for weighting a running ball sinker, or fixed with a rubber band/tied in a Lefty's Loop?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 5:36am
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I never used any weight..........i think these are 9/16 of an ounce or something silly like that...I can check if someone wants me too........i just uni knot ...there is an eye at the end that the photo doesnt show....if you wind fast you can skitter it across the surface but it has no problem sinking........short stabs and long pauses are the way to go....equally effective on big snaps and kings.
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 3:58pm
Titanium
Titanium

Good to know, thanks for the response.

I think I may have mentioned higher up that kayak expert Stephen Tapp is using the 8" Z Man paddle tails unweighted as a kingie surface skitter lure in close to the wash, so it sounds like he's doing a similar technique to you.
Horses for courses, as they say.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NICKed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 11:07pm
NICKed View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

There's a couple of 12" on trademe
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ahi_Slayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 8:23am
Ahi_Slayer View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey Guys, 

If you are keen I have some Slug-gos for sale

6inch
9inch
12inch 

Also have some rigged 12 inch in Angry Squid. Rigged work so good, can be slow trolled, casted, whatever you want to do really. 

PM if you are interested
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SparseGreyHackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 10:14pm
SparseGreyHackle View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by Ahi_Slayer Ahi_Slayer wrote:

Hey Guys, 

If you are keen I have some Slug-gos for sale

6inch
9inch
12inch 

I am interested if you still have any.  I am the ChCh area right now.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bertiesdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 9:11am
Bertiesdad View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

The for sale post is more than six years old….just saying
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SparseGreyHackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 10:52am
SparseGreyHackle View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yup, six years old...but can you hear the desperation in my voice? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 11:30am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

There's some good alternatives available now, Zman HeroZ and Catch 10" Livies. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 12:14pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by MB MB wrote:

Hi MB what rod have you been running these on, I’m thinking of casting them on my stickbait rod for kings.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 3:35pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes, PE 4-5 rod for me. Don't underestimate the weight of the soft plastic itself and match the total weight of the softie plus jig head to the rod. Found that out the hard way!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 10:33am
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by SparseGreyHackle SparseGreyHackle wrote:

Yup, six years old...but can you hear the desperation in my voice? 

There are several NZ outlets selling them online in various sizes including the pre-rigged 12" - e.g Yeehaa. Pricey, but available. Any reason you're not grabbing some from them if you're at desperation stage?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 10:36am
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by MB MB wrote:

Yes, Andre Kassal who is linked with Ocean Angler has caught quite a few Auckland harbour channel marker kingies on the Heroz, and the YouTuber 'Moocher Hunter' (Tony) has got some from the shore. I have tried a few times rigged on 1oz jigheads on PE4, but no luck so far.
Page  <12