whats going on

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote straks007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: whats going on
    Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 5:38pm
straks007 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Life ain't all bad mate, the Warriors are in the final.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote dalgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 5:50pm
dalgo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

A couple of contrasting news items I noticed recently - NZ unemployment rate is now 5.3%, in Spain it is 20.9%.

Meanwhile thousands of Kiwi expats are returning home from aussie because our economy is doing better.

Personally I reckon NZ is the best country in the world and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 6:13pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

On Friday westpac bank annouced with the drop in unemployment it may take a further 6 months before they drop the interest rate.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Godders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 6:25pm
Godders View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Lowest interest rates,lowest oil prices in 12 years and lowest unemployment in 9 years.great sports teams and best fishing I've had in a January.But if you want some financial advice from me it would be don't go through the banks to get a house,go to mike Pero as he can make you look better than than you are .and get you a better rate.and try buying a rented out property as banks will be happier to lend for a rental property with tennents.and maybe buy outside of Auckland ,Dargaville must come one day or other places with lots of Maori because they were here first and know all the good spots.But if you do move into your rental property you can get a big tax bill.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 7:02pm
Clutch View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The place is going to ****
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Godders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 7:08pm
Godders View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Clutch Clutch wrote:

The place is going to ****

Well four stars is OK.But yeah in 20 years the gulf will be full of container ships filling the malls and all the obese people will have groceries delivered to their home and neighbors will be secluded and the anti depressant pills will contaminate the drinking water.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote straks007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 7:11pm
straks007 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Bloody Warriors
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mangre 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 7:14pm
mangre 2 View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

doom and gloom, never ends.
What is the answer.

getting sick of it to be honest.

I would love to see full employment, people happy.
NZ has had to compete in the world,  without subsidies for a long time.

Wake up
Beautiful is better than ugly, Explicit is better than implicit, Simple is better than complex, Complex is better than complicated.      http://oceanmobilemap.blogspot.co.nz/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Xtoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 7:22pm
Xtoad View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Godders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 7:24pm
Godders View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

The answer is blowing in the wind mate.Bob Marley once said" no worries."
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 8:05pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Moving this to the politics forum guys......
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Godders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 8:16pm
Godders View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

OK were moving guys,lines up.make sure the berley pots up as well.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 8:19pm
Titanium
Titanium

Lol, easier said than done, having issues doing it with this damn iPad.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Godders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 8:20pm
Godders View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

OK then guys last baits.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Godders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 8:26pm
Godders View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Lots of sign on the sounder here!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 5:56pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by mangre 2 mangre 2 wrote:

doom and gloom, never ends.
What is the answer.

getting sick of it to be honest.

I would love to see full employment, people happy.
NZ has had to compete in the world,  without subsidies for a long time.

Wake up
Ironic is it not that before all the so called good and necessary things were introduced we had near full employment, you could buy a house and bring up a family on one income, every worker earned a liveable wage, we had more hospitals and schools, our Uni students were actively head hunted from overseas before they had completed their studies, our children left school being able to read and write properly, we had loads of manufacturing and assembly industries and a small spread out population. Sure we did not have thirty different models of car/cell pone/TV's/computers et al to choose from. However what we did have was of reasonable quality and modern technology would still have come.
We then had Rogernomics, the Mother of all budgets, the ECA and now the TPPA. All were/are supposed to make the country wealthy and along with it all of its citizens.
We now have a much larger centrally condensed population, virtually non existent manufacturing and assembly industries, less hospitals, less schools, many kids are leaving school with no reading/writing or arithmetic skills, Uni students are having to find work now, house prices in Auckland are over priced for the poor quality being built. The general person can no longer buy a house and bring up a family on one income, we have cheap shoddy and sometimes dangerous goods flood our $2 economy and with the increase in population one would expect prices for services to come down. Economy of scale and all that. Yet it has gone the other way. The "real" cost of living, not the touchy feely feel good one is really high. On the plus side, we have a huge choice and variety of what we can buy. Even if it only lasts a year and is imported.
Frankly I feel privileged to have grown up in the pre Douglas era. The youth of today have no idea what a paradise or Godzone NZ really was until the free market deregulated global economy ideologues got their hands on the reigns of power.
Some will throw the old Telecom example around about waiting days for a phone connection. From my experience, not much has changed, especially when Chorus is involved. Back then, who cared. They will also throw the old we would have been bankrupt without those changes, Mmmmm. We are a hundred odd billion in debt and rising daily today.
I still remember our old party line. The young can look that up and have a laugh. Wink
Rose tinted glasses I suppose. However I despair at what I see happening today and what is in store for my grandchildren.
Apologize for the grump. My RC car has just blown a driveshaft and I needed a place to vent.
Thanks. Cry
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 8:49pm
Titanium
Titanium

Thing is, if you were to tell folks things were going to be awesome just like the good old days, they just have to live in exactly the same way as then.... A tv every second house, rattletrap cars, one per family, none of the huge array of modern gadgetry that is considered necessary today then they'd politely tell you to take a nice long stroll on a very short jetty.
Women socially constrained to being Housewives, no careers or more than the most basic part tine work, unless in a profession such as nursing or teaching....and then only as a choice between work or family. That will immediately eliminate unemployment as there would be half the workforce left.
Harking back to a simpler, easier time is lovely, but it is indeed a fair bit of Rose tinting, and I personally would not at all be interested in rolling back the clock. If for no other reason than I would quite like to avail myself of some of those awful modern fripperies like healthcare, travel, entertainment, food, technology.....all that awful stuff.
Forty years ago, we got a 24inch colour to, a Sanyo. Cost TWELVE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!! Bloody amazing amount of money to spend on a to. My mates from school came around to look at the colour pictures!!! Woah! Stuff these days is So much cheaper, better, and readily available for everyone.
People these days I strongly expect would not be willing to swap today's lifestyles for the frugality and limited options of fifty years ago.
Or at least that is what I think. I know my father never ever would waste money on any silly RC car.....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote REIVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 9:14pm
REIVER View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Not just NZ though. People from other countries are incensed at what is happening. Not just narrow minded myopic luddites who don't trust John Key

https://www.facebook.com/Channel4News/videos/10153498433046939/?pnref=story

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 2:39am
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

its really funny about TPPA, NZ have been for ever ripped off by other countries so they can protect their farmers,
then they have the check to ask if we could teach them how we farm. and we do.
Kiwi Fruit Sheep Farming milking Cows mussel farms we send some of the best away over sea,
to compete against ourselves, short term gains, stupid Kiwis.

when you see the people of America protesting about TPP you start to wounder,

there is a huge problem with this whole affair,
and its CHINA if they decide to pull the pin in supplying just the USA it will crumble

supplies are kept at a point that even a day of delay could course human suffering,

medical supplies can you believe that USA developed relies on CHINA for them to produce antibodies that are essential for some of their own medicine,

now after all these years of being screwed with Tariffs applied to our products we join these countries to probably get screwed even more.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 7:27am
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I think marvin gaye wrote about this subject once, and did a lecture about it to music.....
Page  12>